Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Has anyone had a smell of petrol in the cabin of the b-max
I put half a tank in from empty on friday and now have smell of petrol in the cabin.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Silly question, but are you sure you didn't spill any. Also check that the automatic filler cap is completely closed. try and insert your finger.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think you need to get this checked out as a matter of urgency, and obviously refrain from smoking if that applies to you or your passengers. I would even consider asking your dealer to lift the vehicle on a transporter back to their workshop.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yes i have had trouble like yours with my diesel car the fumes (smell) is terrible gone on my clothes all in boot and on back seats took it back to fords they had a look at it and said they cant find a fault with it i refused to take it back until they investigated it further as i cant use my boot space at all because of this horrible smell. Edited by: pauline jayne

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi everyone if its a motorbility car you're having trouble with get in contact with motorbility like i did it's no use use just taking it back to fords they told me twice they couldn't find any fault with the car but there's got to be a fault some where for it to do this please let me know how you get on

·
Registered
14 Posts
We also get petrol smells in the B Max avery time we refuel. I already have a blood disease called neutropenia which I attribute to petrol exposure in a previous job. A normal person's nutraphil count is 2.7, mine went down to 0.2! is now improving at 0.7 , so the last thing I want is petrol fumes every time we refuel. If I can't sort the problem out soon we'll have to get rid of the car. My first suspicion is that abomination, the 'capless' filler. As a design consept Ford are making one **** of an assumption that this thing is actually sealing. I've checked the drain hole and pipe and it is clear. Also I have removed the side liner in the boot and cannot see how fumes can be getting in but they are. At the moment we only fill to 3/4 full but the fumes are still there and quite strong.
It looks like SKEV may have the same problem. Has anyone been there and nailed this problem? I get a feeling its not that rare, Dave.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Throat & windpipe are inflamed again

I'd readily check the vent pipe out but there is no workshop manual (eg Haynes) for this car. There is a disc version on line but the download is prohibitive at 16 Gb and involves special software to interprate it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts