Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just ordered a B-max 1.6 Powershift Auto Titanium X with front and rear sensors and thought a new thread might be useful as I've been looking through the forums and seen very little on these models. Maybe I can pick up a few pointers regarding MPG and auto gearbox problem comparisons. I would be very interested in any info regarding delivery times and any info as to whether a passenger seat is available with height adjustment, either production or third party fitting.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i just got mine, few days
ago.

full loaded titanium x, with everything
inside (17", rear spoiler, city stop...) and without navigation.

delivery time was about 100 days. we
had 30 days delay because we choose burnished glow colour.

no height adjustment for passenger seat
possible :( i don't understand why, because they sell it to GB and to
continent.

gearbox is great and mpg to early to
tell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi, I have the titanium powershift, I get 50 to the gallon on a long run and about 34 round town.
Had the car nearly a year and some gearbox problems are starting to show ie when pulling away loss of power just when you need it and occasionally it sounds like a bag of spanners have been left in the gearbox.
Its going in at the end of june and luckily I have a very good ford garage so I'm not to bothered as I know it will be sorted out.
Took the grandkids through the carwash well they were in the back of the car and for some unknown reason all the windows opened half way through the wash, luckily at the time it was near the end of the wash, funny now looking back on it hahaaaa.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Bern, sorry to hear about your problems with gearbox and also self opening electric windows. I see you mention yours going back end of July to sort gearbox and hopefully, windows. Wouldn't mind an update Bern as to how things were repaired eg, did they replace gearbox and did the water through the car wash cause the windows to open. I'm awaiting delivery of mine end July and beginning to get tetchy and wondering if the B-max is flawed in some way.
Cheers
Jaycee

·
Registered
418 Posts
Bern said:
Hi, I have the titanium powershift, I get 50 to the gallon on a long run and about 34 round town.
Had the car nearly a year and some gearbox problems are starting to show ie when pulling away loss of power just when you need it and occasionally it sounds like a bag of spanners have been left in the gearbox.
Its going in at the end of june and luckily I have a very good ford garage so I'm not to bothered as I know it will be sorted out.
Took the grandkids through the carwash well they were in the back of the car and for some unknown reason all the windows opened half way through the wash, luckily at the time it was near the end of the wash, funny now looking back on it hahaaaa.
I don't think I would find any amusement in the windows opening in a car wash.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just taken 3 passengers Dover to Gatwick 80 miles at 47 mpg .usually get 42 mpg local.Luggage capacity poor , 2 cases and hand luggage in boot ,1 case inside.

1.6 titanium petrol auto

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Him all
Picked up my 1.6 titanium X automatic yesterday. Absolutely delighted so far, everything seems to work OK. I had sensors and mudflaps fitted all round. Sensors were sound only, no camera but perfectly adequate for giving proximity warning of approaching objects which is the whole point of having them. I'm also very pleased with the Diamondbrite application process, which caused some controversy on earlier posts. Early days yet, I know, but a good start. I feel justified in my choice of vehicle and pleased so far. No idea of MPG as present but that will come later. One small point, I purchased 2 decals from the UKIP website shop and covered up the dreaded E.U. ring of stars on the left of the number plates, my plates are now showing GB with the UK Union flag.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same model / engine / grearbox. The car is generally great but I have a long standing problem with the gearbox / clutch. The garage where I bought it are great and to date Ford have been as supportive as you might expect. However, even though the garage have another customer with the same problem (which suggests there must be more) no one to date has come up with a solution. Periodically the car wants to change gear but holds on to the one its in. As a result the engine / transmission labours and it sounds like there is a bag of spanners in the system. Additionally when pulling away there is quite a bit of clutch judder. Apparently Ford are aware of the latter problem and are in the process of reconfiguring the clutch computer parameters. I'll be glad when they get the other problem resolved as it's quite embarrasing when passengers ask if we are going to break down (I must admit I too sometrimes wonder)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts