Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have found a performance chip for the Ford BMAX, which isapparentlymeant to give you:-

*Up to 25%-30% increase in power and 30% increase in torque.

* Reducing consumption up to 10%.
* Improved fuel efficiency (an average of 2.5 MPG!).
* No increased emissions.
* No interference to the Electronic Control Unit (ECU); original settings are not altered.
* Will not harm your engine, does not increase injection pressure.
* Will not alter engine diagnostics functioning.
* Will not interfere with engine error code sensin.
* Does not change the service intervals required for your vehicle.
* Includes OEM plugs (no soldering required).
* Illustrated installation instructions include.
<div style="text-align: left;">* 2-year limited warranty.
<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: left;">Has anyone had anyexperiencesof such devices?
<div style="text-align: left;">

<div style="text-align: left;">(source site:http://www.donatorstore.eu/shop/performance-chip-tuning-box-ford-bmax-16-tdci-70kw-95-cv-p-15848.html?language=en)
<div style="text-align: center;">

<div style="text-align: center;">

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, D_Z, the only thing missing from the list is:"Approved by Ford"

I may be wrong, but this mayinvalidate your warranty. Either way, if they noticed it was fitted they would blame it for any subsequent engine malfunction and weadle out of it!

A young friend of mine had similar fitted to a Works Galaxy I remember, he used to remove it before each service?

John.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahhh.. thanks for the heads up John51, I was looking to get it for the fueleconomyit provided.. but now you have said that, I will steer clear of it...

thanks again

·
Registered
97 Posts
If Ford could improve fuel consumtion by fitting such a device they would anywaythey are a con IMHO how would you prove they work with every journey depending on how you drive?
Laughable really

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the official write up that the site provides about the device, I get lost by the second line of the paragraph...
... but I am sure it means something to you guys...

"...DONATOR® CRBasic Performance Chip Tuning Box works by modifying the electronic signals that control fuel pressure produced by the pump in order to optimize engine performance. DONATOR® CRBasic Performance Chip Tuning Box senses and responds to changes in engine load/speed throughout the range of acceleration. With the CRBasic pressure accumulates faster in the rail and is readily maintained to deliver more power and torque. The result is smooth and responsive acceleration that produces sportier handling. The increased torque produced by the works by modifying the electronic signals that control fuel pressure produced by the pump in order to optimize engine performance.

DONATOR® CRBasic Performance Chip Tuning Box senses and responds to changes in engine load/speed throughout the range of acceleration. With the CRBasic pressure accumulates faster in the rail and is readily maintained to deliver more power and torque. The result is smooth and responsive acceleration that produces sportier handling. The increased torque produced by the DONATOR® CRBasic Performance Chip Tuning Box enables the engine to operate more efficiently, so fuel consumption is minimized.

The DONATOR® CRBasic Performance Chip Tuning Box is equipped with plugs that are compatible with those in your vehicle. With the instructions provided, an inexperienced driver can complete the installation in 5 minutes on most models. The CRBasic will not override the safe operating parameters of your engine and does not change or interfere with ECU functioning.

The DONATOR® CRBasic Performance Chip Tuning Box has an adjustment screw that has been pre-set to provide a modest improvement. However, most vehicles require a higher setting to achieve optimal power gains. The unit can be easily adjusted by using a small screw driver...."

It would not supprise me if it was just a box with a PP3 battery in it, to power the flashing L.E.D. lights on the front...

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
94 Posts
"
<i style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">...DONATOR® CRBasic Performance Chip Tuning Box works by modifying the electronic signals that control fuel pressure produced by the pump in order to optimize engine performance. DONATOR® CRBasic Performance Chip Tuning Box senses and responds to changes in engine load/speed throughout the range of acceleration. With the CRBasic pressure accumulates faster in the rail and is readily maintained to deliver more power and torque. The result is smooth and responsive acceleration that produces sportier handling. The increased torque produced by the works by modifying the electronic signals that control fuel pressure produced by the pump in order to optimize engine performance.[/i]<i style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
[/i]
I would have thought that the pressure in the "common rail" was already adequate for the engine's purposes, I know it is tremendous, with figures of 1600 bar as it is.
The common rail is pressurised constantly by the pump, and the injectors are controlled electronically both regarding their firing order, length of spray, and other parameters to get the best all round performance already, so, if you fit the box, I doubt you would get both better economy and performance, maybe one or the other, IMHO.
<i style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">I believe that changes in load and speed are already dealt with by the ECU...[/i]
<i style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
[/i]
<i style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">John.[/i]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here you mate

http://www.ijesit.com/Volume%202/Issue%201/IJESIT201301_35.pdf

A test on a typical diesel with common rail setup with a box that increases the "Common rail pressure"

More poke, but not better fuel consumption, there has to be a trade-off!

John.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts