Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 9 day old B-Max Titanium is in the garage for repair as the Passenger side rear window opened half way down on its own and jammed, also the passenger side rear door couldn't be opened at all from inside or outside.

I am wondering how many people have had similar issues to this, I will be speaking to the garage on Monday to see what they are going to do about the problem - would be interested to know if this is a common fault and if it could be the start of a long list of issues.

Thanks
Sarah

·
Registered
418 Posts
Interesting !!!! My rear nearside window behaved in a rather odd way recently. I felt I had accidentally opened it by mistake; and when I went to close it, instead of stopping when it was closed, because my finger was still on the button it opened again. I soon managed to close it, but am wondering if there is a problem approaching.

·
Registered
155 Posts
old scottish proverb johnwales:- "don't go looking for problems they will come and find you!!!"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rear doors in winter

AutoExpress was flattering about the B-Max, even gave it an award, but some reactions were not so nice to read:http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/ford/b-max#ixzz2sGo9kUlI
<div style="overflow: ; color: rgb0, 0, 0; : rgb255, 255, 255; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; border: medium none;">One, by a certain David Daniels, worries me a bit, with, frost occuring soon here in the Netherlands. We had minus 20 degrees last year... Have any of you running your B-Max longer than I do, come across this? He wrote 11 months ago, inter alia: ''The back doors make for great accessibility, providing it isn't cold
weather! Rear doors on mine do not close when it is less than
1 centigrade!''

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi i had my bmax i week 12 months ago and both the back windows opend on ther own over night i was told it was because it was the weather as it was _20 hear in derbyshire one day i got up to find a snow drifft on the back seat it sounds like a on going problem with ford but over all its a brill car

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,In response to the Passenger side rear door problems posted here -

I have just had a similar problem on my B-max 1.0.
The rear nearside door couldn't be opened from outside or inside.
It has has been fixed under warranty. It turned out to have been water ingress into the door module. Ford are apparently aware of this and the replacement modules are supposed to be OK. The garage have also greased around the replacement module as a precaution.

Cheers all,
Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts