Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I hope someone can help with my seat belt alarm problem. I have the seat belt warning going off when no one is sitting in the front passenger seat and the seat belt is not buckled.
I know this problem has been answered before, but I have tried the suggestion given ie; to switch the ignition on, wait for the dashboard lights to go out then within sixty seconds plug the passenger seat belt in and out nine times, I have done that but do not get the confirmation seat belt light flash and the problem persists.
I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.
I have looked for any loose wires/connections under the seat, all seemed okay.
I also realize that I could leave the belt buckled when no one is sitting there or I could possibly short out the wires in the seat belt stalk, but I prefer not to go down that road if possible.
I would be grateful for any advise.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I've had a look at previous posts on this fault - quite a common fault i think.

See this- [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUV-CXn1i0k[/ame] for a fiesta, worth a try though.

·
Registered
453 Posts
two common faults with this method are, other alarms/chimes etc going off as you do it, and not completely removing and reclipping the belt each time.
ps you may need to be sat in the passenger seat for it to work, also doors closed.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

On my old car I used to keep the passanger seat belt clipped in place for a couple of weeks when unused, and it generally cleared it for a few months

·
Registered
263 Posts
You can buy just the "clip" part that slots into the floor mounted section if you are having problems and nothing else works, just take it out if you have a passenger in the car. They are available on eBay and Amazon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
two common faults with this method are, other alarms/chimes etc going off as you do it, and not completely removing and reclipping the belt each time.
ps you may need to be sat in the passenger seat for it to work, also doors closed.

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunately no joy I'm afraid.

Regards.:sad:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can buy just the "clip" part that slots into the floor mounted section if you are having problems and nothing else works, just take it out if you have a passenger in the car. They are available on eBay and Amazon.

Thanks for the reply Wiggy,

I have ordered one of those clips as a last resort.

Regards :sad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, Just seen your message regarding front passenger seat alarm. I've had my BMax for 6 years. I have no answer for you, but I have noticed in the last few summers that the seat alarm 'always' plays up when the car heats up in very hot sunny weather. I believe it is just a fault/weakness on this model. I just plug in the seat belt on that seat, and I find that when the interior of the car has cooled down i.e overnight, then the problem goes away until the next hot day. So I just live with this strange 'no big deal' fault. If I recall correctly, the garage told me a few years back that the seat design was changed and that change made sorting the issue less costly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,

I hope someone can help with my seat belt alarm problem. I have the seat belt warning going off when no one is sitting in the front passenger seat and the seat belt is not buckled.
I know this problem has been answered before, but I have tried the suggestion given ie; to switch the ignition on, wait for the dashboard lights to go out then within sixty seconds plug the passenger seat belt in and out nine times, I have done that but do not get the confirmation seat belt light flash and the problem persists.
I am wondering if I am doing something wrong.
I have looked for any loose wires/connections under the seat, all seemed okay.
I also realize that I could leave the belt buckled when no one is sitting there or I could possibly short out the wires in the seat belt stalk, but I prefer not to go down that road if possible.
I would be grateful for any advise.

I had this issue. Watch the video below. Once done it doesn't make the noise even if you don't have your seat belt on. I don't see the point of the chime anyway. You should always wear the belt when driving. https://youtu.be/m7t1UEf4fKQ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts