Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a B max 63 plate and both passenger rear doors seem to be jammed open without any resistance but closing is a different matter.

I have it at garage just now and they say that they have regressed it but this has made no difference.

Can anyone help as I am very concerned that this is going to cost a lots of money I don't have
There's is nonextended warrentyb

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,
Is this a problem in addition to the safety system which holds the sliding doors open, and is intended to stop them from sliding forward on down-facing inclines?.
Both my B-Maxes have had this system on the doors,and both have been hard to start moving to close: but with the weight of these doors it has always been conforting not to have to wrestle against a door trying to be a horizontal guillotine.

Geri

·
Registered
52 Posts
Had a look at a bmax few days ago. For a person like me it was easy to get in and out. Lot easier than my current car kadjar. One thing I found confusing is why don't the rear doors lock when fully open? Used to have the early Mazda 5. The rear doors locked when fully open. You simply pull on the door handle to release it. Can't remember if the grand cmax has this feature

Don't forget the design is based on Mazda 5 which ford owned.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi wazza, as it happens i was comparing the rear sliding door action of a relatives grande C max just a couple of days ago. When it's doors are fully open they will NOT move until you lift the handle, unlike the B Max which just needs a hefty pull to close them, so yes you are correct.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Could you take your car to a garage that has one or more for sale and compare their doors to yours ?

Also, how long have you owned the car ? Did it suddenly start sticking or get worse slowly ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think he has the problem on both sides of the car. Best thing to do it look at another bmax and see if that had the same issue.
I am just guessing here because I have not got access to the workings of the sliding mechanism of the bmax. When you slide the doors open it slides freely. When you close it there is friction, you have to pull it hard to shut. Does the slide mechanism have something like friction block? It's free when opening but rubs against the slide when closing hence the friction. Can it be adjusted to loosen it?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Opsmerlin22

I have the same issue on the drivers side only. It's intermittent, nevervs problem during the summer months. Opening the door gets me half way before I encounter strong residence. Tugging back and fourth two or three times normally frees it up till next time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts