Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this group. I hope I qualify, as I am hoping to buy a new B-max in July. I was greatly disappointed to find I cannot order a panoramic roof, despite all the brochures still featuring it. The sales rep suggested that it may be that Ford are releasing a new model with the roof included. Does anyone know if this is likely?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I believe the new titaium x trim has the roof I wouldnt have thought ford would take it off as an option if they did it might only be on an option of titaium level not the zetec.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for this reply Nblue. I was trying to configure the Titanium, as it is the only one with the 1.0 litre, 120ps engine. The most economical engine is also the smallest! There was no option on the configurator, either for me at home or the sales rep in the dealership. I can only hope for a new model to come along soon.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Buffmark, the most economical engine is the 1.6diesil, returning well in excess of 60 m.p.g.. I have no experience of the B Max ecoboost 1 litre engine, but the equivalent engine in the more streamlined Fiesta only manages between 37 and 43 m.p.g. I also know of someone with the 1.6 petrol engine in the BMax who claims consumption of 50 m.p.g. plus.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The most economical engine might not be the 1.6tdci as i know my partner does a lot of small stop start trips that wouldnt warm the engine up therefore not giving the best mpg also not to mention the dpf cokes up on town driving and when you do go for a good run the 40 miles or so it takes to clean the dpf you get poor mpg. I used to have a 1.6tdci focus and only ever saw 60+ mpg driving at 50mph and when there was no hills in place 40 to 50 mpg was more relistic with short stop start town driving and im getting 35 in the bmax 125 ps 1 litre with 300 miles on the clock. The engine is up to temp within half a mile or so and no dpf to recharge/replace every 3 years at £250 +

·
Registered
418 Posts
I speak from experience, having covered 8,000 miles plus since purchase in September 2013. My record includes autobahen, French auto route, U.K. Motorways, A roads, B Roads and unclassified roads; occasional speeds in excess of 80 m.p.h. and plenty of legal limit driving in this country. I acknowledge that I am an economic driver, seldom apply the brakes, and over inflate my tyres by around 3 p.s.I., but I have never returned anything less than 60 m.p..g., and more often than not the figure is around 66 m.p.g. These figures have been obtained both from the computer and manual checks.

·
Registered
418 Posts
As regards re charging or replacing the dpf at a cost of £250 plus every three years; in modern day car maintenance, is this really considered an unacceptable expense ??

I am not sure of the actual cost of the small petrol engine BMax, but it could be around £4,500 less than the larger diesel, which of course would make it an attractive buy for someone not covering a big mileage, so each car has its pros and cons.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Don't understand what panoramic roof and pdf filter have in common, but I now have an interest in the subject of this filter!
Do you know anything about Speedhawk diesel tuning box and it's use with our B max type of car mine is the 1.5 diesel. Any idea what Fords attitude is or indeed local supplier. This subject very new to me and am intrigued with it.
Arm 987

·
Registered
28 Posts
911jonny said:
The 1.0 125 engine is available on the zetec model as well..... I've just ordered one in tectonic silver!
Same spec as mine 911jonny. You will Love it! I do, how Ford can get the pulling power out of a small three cylinder 1000 cc petrol engine is remarkable.

Will

1 - 12 of 12 Posts