Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to change after 12 months and have been offered a Titanium with Panoramic roof.The price is only pennies more than a Zetec and it is brand new.
The question is, how long has it been hanging around as I understand these roofs were discontinued as an option several months ago.
Anyone any ideas?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Does it matter how long it has been hanging around ? Unless you are thinking of potential problems that seems to have plagued earlier models.

·
Registered
418 Posts
No misunderstanding there Makem. I have never heard of roof problems, I just thought if it had been hanging around for several months it might have inherited some of the all round problems that appear to have been present on earlier models.

I guess the dealer is trying to get more sales through before the end of March.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Modestmillionaire,

I purchased an un-registered showroom model that they had put loads of extras on to show off to the public. It was built in October 2012 and It has a panoramic roof.

I have not had no problems with it and it is quite a nice feature in as much as it lets loads of light in and it has 2 sliding blinds, 1 that goes from the front to the centre and 1 that goes from the rear to the centre so you can choose how much or how little light you want in the car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Why is every one doubting the efficiency of the sunroof. As far as I can see Modestmillionaire has made no reference to any issues with this extra. Surely all he is asking is 'because this car has a sunroof is it an older model that has been in the showroom for ages. Makem has answered his question by stating that sunroofs are still an option.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I cannot see that anybody is doubting the efficiency of the panaromic roof. Modestmillionaire asked how old the car may be and my reply to him answered his question.

The way you have worded yourpost,that Makem has answered his question suggests that nobody else needs reply. Somebody may have had a problem and they may post about itwhen they see this posting.

I know the original question was how old, my reply gave some idea as to how old it could be,which Makems didn't, and your statement on possible inherited problems, which I personally have not had.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
JOHNWALES said:
Why is every one doubting the efficiency of the sunroof. As far as I can see Modestmillionaire has made no reference to any issues with this extra. Surely all he is asking is 'because this car has a sunroof is it an older model that has been in the showroom for ages. Makem has answered his question by stating that sunroofs are still an option.
Jeez, it seems people are so pedantic in this forum or getting that way.

Who is the 'everyonedoubting the efficiency of the sunroof'?

Perhaps I should have said, "Was the reason for withdrawal faults?" However, I did think that, "
Were there problems with this roof?" was adequate for most people.

As for answering the op, I couldn't but I did ask him a question based on his post.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Both you, Makem, and Special K ask the question ' were there problems with the sun roof ?' I suggest Makem you make your contributions a little more clear, and clarify why you think people are pedantic !!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi and thanks to all who have contributed to my question.

To be honest, the question of roof problems did not occur to me - it was just that I had the notion that sunroofs were now discontinued as an option and that the car would be dated back to a 2013 build. However, as has been pointed out they are still available.

It does occur to me reading the posts, could there a roof problem? As a former Rolls Royce/Bentley body engineer I am thinking about the absence of a BC post which seriously affects the body rigidity. Obviously, Ford engineers have overcome this by other measures but to remove such a long length of roof must have an effect in the event of an impact and it seems the cantrails are the only body part left.

Anyway, food for thought but please no conflict on this one lads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts