Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1L EcoBoost - which oil for top-up?

Halfords do not have the vehicle in their database. They don't have WSS-M2C948-B

They do have SAE 5W-30 that meets the specification defined by ACEA A5/B5.

How much required between minimum and maximum marks?

Knowing that saves waiting 10 mins for top-up to settle before adding more

·
Registered
117 Posts
rogerhume said:
I will be very disappointed if it needs topping up between services, no car I have owned for the past decade has needed oil
I thought exactly the same, I always check just in case but have never needed a top up. . .

·
Registered
637 Posts
Here is the information :

<div style="text-align: center;">

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
117 Posts
I do remember getting an oil change at around 5000 miles with my Fusion. Not sure if it was necessary but they said it would get rid of any fine metal debris if it was there
anyone think it is a prudent move?

·
Registered
213 Posts
My dealer has always said 3000 miles, get the oil and filter changed. No, not because they need the business, but because they have had Fords in the past get hiccups. They say it for the benefit of the owners
. Yes, it does help to check for any filings in the transmission o/all[engine & gearbox]

·
Registered
232 Posts
Honest John (again) has some interesting things to say about the modern semi- and fully synthetic oils, and how they should be handled if you intend to keep the motor; and do not just have it as a firm's car. Well worth looking at.

By the way does anyone else have a black dipstick? Mine is, and it is almost a guessing game to sort out where the actual level is even removing, wiping and then inserting and removing again.

Geriatricus

1 - 10 of 10 Posts