Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did someone ever used softwares like Focccus or ELMConfig on our B-Max?
Did it work?
I would like to enable auto-lock by speed and Emergency Braking Hazard Warn.
In both program b-max seems to not be listed, but some options in Focccus show "B-Max" has anyone tried yet?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have no idea, but i did read an interesting article on the subject, though it looks a bit too complex for me:

http://www.jamessimpson.co.uk/elmconfig-enable-ford-ecu-functions/

I was really just interested in getting an ODB2 device to pair with my phone to create a virtual dashboard showing some of the gauges linked to different temperature and pressure sensors which must be in the system.

If something was able to tell me what gear I was in, it woyld be useful as the enfine is so quiet, I sometimes forget to change up.

If anyone is usi g an ODB2, I would be very interested in their experiences and what apps they use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cianpars said:
as the enfine is so quiet, I sometimes forget to change up.
use.
Don't you have the Eco up shift (or something like) suggestion in the small screen in the middle of the dash?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yeah, i do have that on the b max, but it's not as prominant as the green change up arrow on the Fiestta. I do see it, but in heavy traffic concentrating on the road, rather than the dashboard, I sometimes dont notice it straight away. Particularly so when joining the mororway. The car feels quite happy at 70 in 4th.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
459 Posts
cianpars said:
If anyone is using an ODB2, I would be very interested in their experiences and what apps they use.
the torque app for android is very good, and lets you configure a dashboard, also does real time monitoring and logging.
haven't managed to get the gear info yet though.

will be looking at forscan some time too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts