Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the past few weeks, As an experement, I have been strictly observing the speed limit. I don't exceed it by too much normally, but recently have been sticking to the 20, 30 and 40 limits precisely.

I can't believe the reaction I have had from following vehicles by way of swearing, hooting, flashing of lights, waving of arms and shaking of fists behind me.

Most of this has been in 20 and 30 limits and interestingly, 90% has come from female drivers.

Has anyone else tried this and noted the reaction?

·
Registered
712 Posts
I can well believe it. I was doing 50 mph and slowing, where 40mph signs were up for road works ahead, and a BMW (I know, but it's true !) was flashing me to speed up !

·
Registered
311 Posts
I generally keep within the speed limits. but do find that some are over cautious.
I frequently drive in towards Southend on the A127, which is a 50mph limit.
When entering the boundary of Southend it reduces to a 40mph limit. It's amazing
that so many will slow down to 30-35mph when approaching the speed cameras.

All car speedometers indicate you are going faster than you actually are, by an
average of 2mph. A satellite based speed indicator is far more accurate. Either
sat nav or camera detector. I use one of these.....http://indic8tor.com/

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
my TomTom always told me I was going 8% to 10% faster than my speedometer but my Ford sat nav does not give me a speed indication.

I did perhaps expect some reaction from driving at 20 in a 20 mile an hour limit and 30 in 30 mile an hour limit but the big surprise was that it was coming from women rather than then.

I am not noting reactions in 40 or 50 limits much.

·
Registered
311 Posts
One of the reasons drivers of big 4x4s (Tonka Toys) get upset. Is that being higher up, they have less of a sensation of speed, so everyone else seems to be going slower.

The only problem I have with my Indic8or device is that the heated screen can act as a Faraday shield, depending on which direction I am driving. The Garmin sat nave doesn't seem to be affected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.