Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I currently own a C-Max and want to downsize, anyone else done this and are you happy with your choice?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lol! Yes, we've had the B-MAX since the beginning of February, having had 2 C-MAXes previously. Our first real test will be a holiday at Easter, when we'll be taking the B-MAX, but looking at the storage space, I don't envisage any problems. I guess it depends on your circumstances, there are 2 of us, with 2 kids (14 & 11) and 2 small / medium sized dogs. We can all fit in though we don't take the dogs on holiday with us. We've very quickly adapted to it being slightly smaller and it is better to drive than the CMAX (steering feels more direct). Can you get one on an extended test drive to compare the two?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi
Before spending,have a go in latest CMax. There is much about it that has been improved. I did love my B Max it really was a joy to handle,but found the visibility on the passenger side poor for some reason the mirror was not a lot of help and trying to look over shoulder was no help seemed the heavy door pillars,when closed really blocked the view. One person I heard off removed the passenger headrest says this helps! Stick to 1.6d I had the 1.5 and it really was sluggish.
I feel you will miss the room and you never really miss something until it's gone!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, my current C-Max is a 1.6 2011 model, so quite recent, we do like the B-Max but as I said need to downsize.

I have compared the boot space to my C-Max and only loose a few inches (width/hight) which is fine. I'm told the 1.0 ltr engine is similar to the 1.6 it replaces in power etc. We don't do long journeys often, so will suit us, fuel saving will be a bonus too.

Edited by: Ian H

·
Registered
5 Posts
We downsized to a Bmax door pillars not good for visablityr. Disappointed with petrol consumption with the 1.0 ecoboost

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for comments Robbo47. Glad I am not the only one who found the heavy pillars a trial I found real problem at T junctions where the left view was of a road joining me at an angle,it really was quite a problem at times. Anaway I don't feel so stupid now!
The mpg of theI l Eco seems to be a bit iffy and I do think it has been a bit oversold. Trouble is once the money is spent hard to get anything done about it. Sales team are very good at explaining what can be achieved rather that what usually is the mpg. Best plan is to seek out existing Eco owners they tell the facts.
Overall a nice car to drive handling is excellent but far from half as good as it is presented.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone, I also think the thick centre door pillars could be a problem, lots of T junctions & cross roads around our area, might re think our new car now, could even mean leaving Ford, my last 5 cars have been Fords

·
Registered
155 Posts
Door pillars do not block vision at cross roads or "T" junctions, have had my b max for nearly 3 years I can honestly say that I have not really
noticed restricted view, if you have back or neck problems that could cause an issue maybe?

·
Registered
315 Posts
You are all right about the nearside visibility, but as I very rarely have a passenger I have the front seat folded flat which helps a great deal.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ian
Do hope I have not put you offBmax it is really a lovely car to drive the handling is better than my present mount a few months old Citeron C 4
.but to be honest I really enjoy it,a vtrX 1.6d model in red, still £20 year tax 53mpg long runs and a fairly constant 47 running around the local area. We visit a son in Scotland it is then we manage the 53. Vision is very good all round and the ability to set the rear seats for 1, 2 or 3 passengers plus a big boot is grand holidays or moving long items. Actually the ability to carry 2 passengers plus one long load is more than usefull. One warning most new cars today do not have a spare, the thing for dealing with pumptures is a menace. Have nothing to do with it,I refused the deal until this was sorted.dont take my word for this visit and tyre depot and watch the slow smile spread on their face,this invention has been best thing ever to happen to tyre sellers,most just won't repair a tyre filled with the grunge or if they do at a price. Check the price of the replacement can. No one will offer the info you got to ask,even the salespeople are ashamed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi
Re mpg just seen this on another part of blog,very interesting.
Do you ever wonder how many porkie pies we are told!

See this by "red fives"

Just thought i would add my own mpg update. My 1.o ltr 100 ps zetec has just reached 500 miles and so far (with the most carefull use of throttle, brakes and gear changes) i have only managed 30.9 per gallon! However most journeys have been short ones and in Winter, so i am hoping this will improve with future.

[

·
Registered
106 Posts
Gracow said:
Door pillars do not block vision at cross roads or "T" junctions, have had my b max for nearly 3 years I c<span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">an honestly say that I have not really </span><span style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">noticed restricted view, if you have back or neck problems that could cause an issue maybe?
</span>
You have hit the nail right on the head. I have2 compressed fractures in the spine! So now you understand

·
Registered
69 Posts
re: ecoboost mpg, it's good on long runs but with lots of city driving not much difference in mpg from my old 2.5 cougar. Maybe 26-28 city driving is good?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks and thanks to everyone who commented. I now have the info I need to get a good deal, I hope on a Ford Direct used B-Max
Will be going to dealers tomorrow, so fingers crossed a deal can be made

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well the Ford Direct website isn't very accurate!I found 2 B-Max's in the engine size, colour, trim level & with the accessories I wanted. But were a bit out of our price range, we went through 2 hours of negotiations at our local dealers, but got nowhere.
But it turned out the Ford Direct site, despite access to the public, doesn't show the price you pay, its the 'cost' price to the dealer!

Plus the 2 cars I found listed as 'Titanium' trim, were in fact 'Titanium X' with leather seats, which I don't want, hence the higher than expected price!

So back to the drawing board

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Very nice, I'm looking at the 1.0 ltr 125hp, still only £30 road tax.

Not keen on White or Red for that matter, my current C-Max is silver, so looking at Blue or Black, for a change

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not at all arm987 still looking to get one, but as buying via Ford Direct, waiting for the right one to come along. We are not in a hurry

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ian H said:
Not at all arm987 still looking to get one, but as buying via Ford Direct, waiting for the right one to come along. We are not in a hurry
I bought my 1.6tdci this time last year and got a very good deal from a Ford main dealer selling off their demonstrators for the previous model year. At almost £6000 under list I found I could live with the 6000 miles on the clock. As it was bought from a Ford main dealer I negotiated for the official Ford extended warranty.
I notice my local dealer in St Neots is doing the same again and has a 1.6 tdci Titanium Xfor a shade under £14 k with 5000 miles on the clock.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts