Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wife shouts up the stairs " The car won't start" I get out of bed and it is only 9.00 am, but before I have got dressed she shouts up "I have sorted it". Turns out the key wouldn't turn because the steering wheel lock was under tension.

Next time I will tell her to ring recovery, it spoilt my lie in!

Geoff

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I suggest you ask her to give you the correct symptoms next time. ie. "Key will not turn".

But would you have known the cause?

Maybe still not get your lie-in!

I had a similar experience the other day. Wife drives car to car park and whilst walking away says, "I am not sure the engine has stopped, when I got out it was 'beeping', please check for me".

Dutifully, I walked back to the car which was not locked and find the ignition is still on but engine stopped, (Key-less starting).

Presumably it could not have been driven away as the key fob was not present, and, maybe it would have automatically locked.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I think you need to be careful with keyless operation. I can park my car in the drive, leave the engine running, and walk into the house and sit down still with the key in my pocket. The engine still runs.7

However, as far as I can tell the engine will not start unless the key is inside the car. What I do wonder is, how far will the car go if after starting, the key finds its way back into your house. Say for example you have the key in your jacket whilst starting, and then decide it is so warm you will leave your jacket at home. Could be a damned nuisance if the car runs normally until the engine is stalled or stopped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts