Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My nokia lumia 820 works well with SYNC, but when using Here Drive plus with the phone attached by USB cable or Bluetooth; I get no directions through the car speakers, does anyone else have this problem? Anyone have a solution. I have checked on ford and the phone is compatible. The only other thing that does not work is ability to send speak and send a text, but I can live without that.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the reply, I am looking at playing music/radio through the stereo and having the directions periodically interrupt the music/radio.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still no further forward, here drive plus showing directions but no voice. Tried in vain lots of combinations but does someone have a proven way/settings for a lumia phone and SYNC, so the radio and music play with the directions coming through the car speakers. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Is 'Here Drive plus' an application which you have installed?

If so that application may not be compatible with SYNC. If that is the case then you would need to contact the writer of the application software.

If 'Here Drive plus' was installed when you purchased the phone, then you need to contact the phone manufacturer. They may say it was a free application in which case the second paragraph applies also, otherwise, they may be able to help.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
251 Posts
Not 100% sure but
I suspect that Here Drive Plus Might require MAP ( Message Access Protocol ) the samesoftware required for text messaging through SYNC, as it is sending information like a text for example and that is why certed cannot send a text as he has stated because he does not have MAP.

·
Registered
251 Posts
For your info:<h3>Message Access Profile (MAP)
[
edit]

</h3>

Message Access Profile (MAP)<sup ="reference" id="cite_ref-5">[5]</sup> specification allows exchange of messages between devices. Mostly used for automotive handsfree use. The MAP profile can also be used for other uses that require the exchange of messages between two devices. The automotive Hands-Free use case is where an on-board terminal device (typically an electronic device as a Car-Kit installed in the car) can talk via messaging capability to another communication device (typically a mobile phone). For example, Bluetooth MAP is used by HP Send and receive text (SMS) messages from a Palm/HP smartphone to an HP TouchPad tablet.<sup ="reference" id="cite_ref-6">[6]</sup> Bluetooth MAP is used by Ford in select SYNC Generation 1-equipped 2011 and 2012 vehicles <sup ="reference" id="cite_ref-7">[7]</sup> and also by BMW with many of their iDrive systems. The Lexus LX and GS 2013 models both also support MAP as does the Honda CRV 2012, Acura 2013 and ILX 2013. Apple introduced Bluetooth MAP in iOS 6 for the iPhone and iPad. Android support was introduced in version 4.4 (KitKat).<sup ="reference" id="cite_ref-8">[8]</sup>

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Makem,

I can confirm that the aboveinfo. is correct as I have just purchased a new phone running 4.4 KitKat and at the time was not aware of the info. but when I paired the phone to SYNC it requested me to allow MAP access to SYNC for messaging.

For your info:

An up to date phone that did not cost a lot. Motorola Moto G 8GB: 4.4.2 Android KitKat O/S.

Only £129.95 from Phones 4 U and Sim free to work on any network. 16GB available for £159:95

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Specialk said:
Hi Makem,

I can confirm that the aboveinfo. is correct as I have just purchased a new phone running 4.4 KitKat and at the time was not aware of the info. but when I paired the phone to SYNC it requested me to allow MAP access to SYNC for messaging.

For your info:

An up to date phone that did not cost a lot. Motorola Moto G 8GB: 4.4.2 Android KitKat O/S.

Only £129.95 from Phones 4 U and Sim free to work on any network. 16GB available for £159:95
Great, I have been considering treating myself but was worried that whatever I bought I was taking a chance.

Do you do anything such as <a href="http://sanfranciscoandroid.co.uk/android/what-is-clockworkmod-recovery/" target="_blank">What is ClockworkMod Recovery or installing a Custom ROM?
</a>

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry, don't do any of that. For your info, if you did treat yourself the phone I mentioned comes with a guaranteed up date to 4.4.2 KitKat.and up dated the day after I bought it, so if you do Trey yourself to it make sure that it says this on the box.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Looking for suppliers I see, "Android 4.3 (Jellybean" as the O.S., upgradable to
4.4.2 Android KitKat.

Did the supplier do that when you bought?

http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/

<div ="versions-features__item">
<h4 ="versions-features__item-er one-whole">
Touchscreen improvements
</h4>
<div ="versions-features__item- eight-twelfths mobile-one-whole">

Improved software and Nexus 5's new hardware mean Android responds to your
touch faster and more accurately than everbefore.*

<div ="section section--bottom-divder section--last">
<div ="versions-row">
<div ="versions-row__wrapper">
<div ="versions-row__item versions-row__item--one-up one-whole">
<div ="versions-row__ one-whole">
<div ="versions-row__text">
<h1>

</h1>

*Currently only available on Nexus5

·
Registered
251 Posts
No.Set the phone up cos it came with a £10 sim (your choice of network ) then I put my sim in and the day after when checking my phone it said up date available, up date now ?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Also at Phones 4 U got a free white back cover worth £11:99together with the £10 sim so it's the equivalent of £21:99 off the cost of the phone. And no' I don't work for the company

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes phone4u sell @ £119 if you buy a £10 SIM. They do Vodaphone Simply and I am with Vodaphone so I can take their £10 and keep my number without hassle.

The white back cover is quite a bonus. Was it restricted to white?

My reference to the NEXus was in respect of the touch screen, "faster and more accurate".

I don't need speed though. I need enough time to move my fingers not like these kids who can type at dictation speeds it seems and I don't play games.

PS. Tesco do £119 with their SIM

·
Registered
251 Posts
I think the back is restricted to white but I see it as a bonus. Re: Tesco, I thought the sim free version more attractive as you are not network restricted and if you sell on in the future it is saleable to anyone

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi I am using lumia 925 with SONY sync. Sony has to be switched on and AUX to bluetooth.It then plays music from Phone.Satnav from phone will interupt music with voice navigation.If sony is switched off I get no sound at all from phone.I guess thats because its still connected to sony bluetooth even though the sony speakers are off.But I dont see thats a problem.

Sony will also read out text messages.

The unit will also remind you if the phone is NOT onboard as the emergency assist cannot work without it.

Its an interesting bit of equipment.

Im still trying to find out how to change a rear bulb if I need to????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thanks for such a quick response .The Manual is nothing like my B Max.My boot is completely encased in trim which somehow would have to be moved and the tailgate lights are behind a lot of plastic trim which I am advised can break easily if disturbed.A friend who works on these jobs advises me that its best to let a garage take the risk even if it costs a bit,but its annoying that bulb changing is so complicated.
Ive noticed that a lot of cars are running with lights missing,they probably wait till service time to get them fixed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts