Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My B Max (1.6 TDCi Titanium - 62 plate) has developed a seat that creaks on anything other than billiard smooth roads (Not many of those anywhere).
Took it to the local dealer who says they will look at it but it probably isn't a warranty item and they will charge me £51.00 max(half hour labour) to investigate the issue. Surely a 3 year warranty is a 3 year warranty !! A seat should be designed to last the life of the car !!

Waiting for the phone call now. If its a new seat because it can't be mended and it's not a warranty issue, it will be expensive. Not sure if I want to pay that amount just to sort it out. Stupidly thought that it could be sorted out under the warranty.

Ah well, I suppose I could always turn the radio up.......

Anyone else had strange warranty issues and anomalies for me to watch out for in the future ?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Don't see why it can't be a warranty issue - it's not a wear & tear item is it? Though they will try to to make out it isn't covered.
FYI - I traded in my 6 yr old Titanium Fiesta for my new B max. When the Fiesta was about 18 months old I noticed one warm summersday (we do get one now and again!) there was no air coming through the face vents. Everything else worked o.k though.

I took it to the Ford dealership and after investigation they found (behind the glovebox) that a linkage had come away, which was causing the problem. They reconnected the linkage and everything working again.

They then charged me, if I remember correctly about £50. I contested that surely it's covered under the 3yr warranty. They argued that it wasn't. They wouldn't move, soI paid the bill and sent a letter to Ford Customer Relations outlining all the facts. I received a reply a few weeks later asking me to phone them, which I did.

They insisted on the phone that the garage was correct, but as a "goodwill gesture" offered me a voucher
to cover my next service. The next service due a few months later was the second service, which as you probably know is an expensive one - £250 apprx. So, even though I had to back down in my argument that the fault should be covered under warranty ( I STILL believe I was in the right !), I had an expensive service FREE of charge.

So, the moral of this story is don't accept anything without a fight.

Best of luck !!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picked it up last night. Technician said he thought they had cured the problem which involved some movement between two differing materials in the seat. He said he had lubricated it !
Ended up paying £40 as they reduced it from £51 as I was on a service plan

Was a bit dubious but gave them the benefit of the doubt. Drove it home and no difference whatsoever.

Went back this morning and booked it again for them to have another look.

Surely if they have identified the problem, some level of appropriate packing should sort the paly in whatever is moving........

We'll see

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Car now returned from local dealer for the 2nd time.
Can't isolate the 'squeak' but they have lubricated all the parts inside the seat.

Seems to be a bit better but not totally cured.

Inferred that the creaking may be some sort of interaction between the leather and the plastic/metal bits in the seat construction. This is probable why it is better when the weather is warmer !!

See how it goes, but I can still revert to the previous comments of turning the radio up !!

AB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts