Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently taken on a used 22k 1.4 Zetec Petrol.
It is a nice ride but have to say the engine noise is almost akin to an older diesal car at lower speeds, especially between 1st & 2nd gear shifts.
It was last serviced at 15k, so wondering if a service will help or if it maybe a slightly blowing exhaust?
Hoping that it's not a trait of the model?
Kind of wish I could have stretched to the more powerful eco-boost as find it a little more sluggish than I expected!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Scrumpy.

Can't really help with your noisy engine issue but a mate of mine has a 1.4 Fiesta which I have driven and to be honest, compared to my 1.00 Ecoboost, I found his car pretty gutless. Sorry to rub salt in your wounds.

The Ecoboost engine, in my opinion is phenomenal, I am still amazed how Ford have managed to squeeze the performance from a 3 cylinder engine which I'm sure thinks it's 1.6.Edited by: Willow

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Scrumpy and welcome,

Now on my second 1.4 B-Max, first was a Studio and this is a Zetec; but both from new and I cannot say I found the engine noise particularly intrusive. The old one did ca. 30k before I changed it, and so it had a useful mileage on it without that type of complaint.
I do remember some owners have had exhaust drumming on the body, so it might be worthwhile getting under to look.
Otherwise, sorry .

Cheers,
Geri

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the feed back.
The noise is basically acceleration gruff?!
But will take a look underneath at the exhaust couplings.
Other traits of the model are good like steering/ parking & the mpg is reasonable.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts