Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all a new BMax owner here just got myself a 2014 BMax and what a cracking little car.

Only got one little problem there is a sort of whining or whirring noise coming from under the rear seats, think it might be the fuel pump. Has anyone had a similar problem the Ford dealer refuses to admit there is any noise and said they all do that anyway ?? though how he knows they all do it if he says there is no noise I dont know.

I have driven a Focus 1.4 same engine and there was no noise. Its not a big problem but it is starting to grate on my nerves. Anyone got any advice.

Thanks Neville

·
Registered
14 Posts
I get a sort of electric motor noise that lasts a few seconds when I open the drivers door. Seems to come from under the rear floor area.Sounds like it may be a pump?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Nevski,
It may help to narrow the possibilities down, if you list the trim/engine options your car has.
I have not noticed anything like that from my Studio/1.4 petrol

Geri

Edited by: Geriatricus

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi its a 1.4 petrol Zetec.

I get the buzz when switching on like you get in a lot of cars but there is a constant whine or whirr noise which you can hear when sat at traffic lights in neutral. I am sure its the pump but I cant get to it without unbolting and removing the rear seats unless you can get to it underneath.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts