Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,We've had our B-Max for just over a month, and we're very happy with it. It's aTitanium 1.6 TDCi -

bought used from a Ford dealer, but with only 5,500 miles on it.

Here's my newbie question:
I bought a bottle of AutoGlym Clean Wheels to keep the alloys on the B Max nice and clean, but on reading the warnings on the label, and then the warnings in the B-Max handbook, I'm wondering if I should buy the ford Diamondbrite cleaner instead.
The handbooks says 'don't use high-caustic based wheel cleaners.AutoGlym Clean Wheels contains hydrochloric acid...

Anyone usedAutoGlym Clean Wheels on a B max's alloys?

Paul

·
Registered
43 Posts
I too have wondered about using alloy wheel cleaners. So far I haveresorted totaking the car to the local jetwash prior to washing the car and giving the wheels aclean which gets most of the brake dust off. I can then clean the rest off when I wash the car normally - when its not blowing a gale and/or pouring with rain of course :)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Paul2003

This is what I and the professional detailers useand I can assure you it works. No wondering if it will remove the black iron deposits on your wheels and safe to use on all surfaces.Search for it on google andyou tube and watch the videos ofhow much iron deposits it takes off a brand new showroom cars paintworkthathas not even been on the road.Justwatch the chemical reaction as it cleans. Its a clear liquid that turns purple as the chemical reaction removes iron deposits fromsurfaces. Its brilliant. They now do a cherry scented one because the formula itself stinks of rotten eggs but boy does it work.

Check different web-sites for costs

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/engine-and-exterior/carpro-iron-x-500ml/prod_726.html
Edited by: Specialk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts