Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody. Im seriously considering buying a 1.6 powershift B-MAX but reading about the problems some members (quite a few I would say) have had with the gearbox makes me dubious. I would be very gratefull if you could help me with this one. Do you think the problem (judder) has been solved in more recent versions or you think it´s still there and therefore you dont recommend this option?Thank you very much!
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would suggest you do not buy it until you hear "officially" that it has been fixed. My very low mileage (under 3,00 miles in 18 months) BMax has this problem. Ford would not authorise my dealer to replace the mechanism until a recent software upgrade was done. The judder was different, but much worse. I gather the replacement parts have been on back order for months - and I am now somewhere on the list waiting for a delivery. If anyone has had the replacement fitted, I would love to hear that the problem was solved! I am currently not prepared to take a planned motoring holiday - otherwise I would fully recommend the model!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Terence.Thank you very much for your reply. I will follow your advice, but don't really know if I can wait until Ford fixes this issue (our baby is coming pretty soon). Maybe is time to start considering other models.
I hope you get the problem solved soon!
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
In case it helps. My garage says that at least 2 have beenrepaired and the owners have not come back to grumble. There is hope that they will have the replacement parts for me within the next couple of weeks. One would hope that new cars would have the new parts - but this theory would need confirmation! Best wishes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
we picked our 1.6 powershift B-MAX Titanium up today and the car drives great ,really impressed with the powershift box, i asked the sales man about the gearbox judder problem and he assured me that his car sales dealership had had no reports about it on any B-Max they had sold, only time will tell

1 - 5 of 5 Posts