Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have been a contented B-Max owner for the last 3 years and in this time I have managed to rack up 70,000km with about 70% on motorways without any problems at all so am very happy.

I have a Titanium Ecoboost 125 which is just about to go in for an 80,000km service so I have my fingers crossed...

Mine is in "Burnished Glow" which my wife calls "crap brown"

Happy to have found this site as I now have a technical question I will post on another thread.

Edited by: elmo

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I was greatly tempted by the burnished glow, but my wife didn't like it, so I ended up with my second choice (magnetic), which is really a metallic grey.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately after an accident (not my fault and no injuries) I am no longer an owner of a B-Max.

The car is beyond economical repair so is an insurance write off

After 126000km and no problems I have said good bye and up-sized to a 2017 Kuga - just need to get used to the size difference now...

Just want to say thanks for being a great owners forum guys and drive safe.

Edited by: elmo

·
Registered
120 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Elmo, though good to hear that only the car was damaged and there were no injuries. Your B Max has certainly given you good service and its a shame your ownership had to end so abruptly and in such circumstances.
However, the Kuga will no doubt be a more than adequate replacement once you get used to the difference.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi, Elmo (if you're around)!
Of course, I am too terribly sorry for what happent to you!!!
In fact this is what I want to know, if it doesn't bother you very much: what exactly happent? :-?
In the two photos you added there is a serious damage, but such deforming can be fixed, if not simply repacing the parts.
Please, what can you tell us more?!?Edited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys - still around as the B-max was a nice car to own and it is still interesting to hear others experiences.

The damage to the car was an insurance write off (the value of the repairs 14000‚¬ being more than the value of the car 11000‚¬). So although it was repairable it was deemed not worth the effort.

The accident was due to an Opal MPV wanting to turn left in the left turn lane, then at the last moment deciding he actually wanted to go right instead and "T"ing me (not quite a full "T").
Luckily no injuries but I was surprised that none of the airbags deployed - his did...

There is more damage than the 2 photos with axle and chassis deformation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts