Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone...been a long term motability customer never really had issues till I stupidly ended up being talked into a fiat qubo as our next car..well one thing after another and another and another motability have said enough's enough (we've only had the car 1yr just)......sooo ordered a b-max zetec in midnight sky with free spare wheel and city pack

2-3 wks wait they said & I cant bloomin wait!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Welcome to the B-Max world, I am sure you will have a better experience than you have
had

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the VERY warm welcome guys...too late Davis already smitten with the showroom model and the test drive..poor salesman had a fight on his hands to get the key back once i'd finished the drive

·
Registered
21 Posts
Welcome - i have had my i.0 Zetec in Panther Black and i just love the car, Can't wait to go out in her and find any excuse to drive her.
Hope you like yours just as much - i only had to wait 2 weeks for delivery but it was the longest 2 weeks ever!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so pleased to hear simon! cant be worse than the last dealer I used..3 mnths wait and only found out once mobility had sent paperwork etc they'd only ordered the wrong fiat model I wanted in the 1st place!!

cant wait for the delivery day!!!!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Good news - hope he time flies for you so you can enjoy your B Max.
I'm still love the B max and find any excuse to go out for a drive.
Just washed her and she looks splended in Panther Black - hope the rain keeps off now :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kicking myself a little simon...due to the early termination through mobility I said colour didnt really matter whatever they had in storage would be fine

he did suggest panther black & I declined went for midnight sky instead BUT guy near me just had a panther black delivered as well looks very very very nice!!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I wish I had gone for Mars Red, due to the train video with all the BMAX's on, noone seemed to want the Mars Red (or at least there were very few on the train).... but I am happy with the Tectonic Silver I now have. Here I was worried I will have the same colour Bmax as others in my town, but the truth is , and still to this day, I have not seen another BMAX in ANY colour in my town..

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
21 Posts
If they are so popular with long delivery waiting times where are they all?
Perhaps Europe is getting the Lion's share then we get what is left.

Anyway it is nice being in a car that is hardly seen in the UK. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hmm same problem with current car

everything always on "back order" I mean for god sake it's a fiat (I know!) and the car is based on a popular fiat van you'd think parts were plentiful

madness

·
Registered
231 Posts
My feeling is that it is not just a problem applying to one manufacturer.
Global manufacture puts the main location of parts in a factory which may be on another continent. Add to this the 'just-in-time' manufacturing philosophy (or 'just-too-late' where I work), then you have a recipe for spares shortages during production runs; especially early runs like ours. The key is if the manufacturer can manage to get a balance between the large requirements of the factory and the smaller, but much more visible spares call-out.
We wait with bated breath.

Geriatricus

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have seen a couple in Liverpool recently. Both white, one was a 12 registration. There is a tectonic one
I see in our village car park, so they are appearing. My dealer says he has sold 9 so far.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had to have a piece of trim replaced - the small black cover at the top of the window on the rear door. It fell off when the door was opened, and the very small clips were broken.
Saw service dept Thursday morning and there was a message on my answer machine timed mid morning Friday to say they had it. Called in Saturday and was on my way in 5 minutes. So parts are becoming available.
I would say this could be something that needs to be kept an eye on. I know it was not a major part but trim parts have always been difficult to get in my experience.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Had a rattle in the rear light cluster on the door a few weeks back. Took it in for a look they agreed a piece had fallen off inside, and had a new cluster for me and fitted it all within a week. Thought that was OK for service.

Geriatricus.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts