Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,straight from Italy, here I am with my little-great Ford BMax.

After a long research in Italy, where there are no forums like this, I've decided to join your community to show what I've done with my car and understand if someone else had the same (insane) idea.

I previously owned a Ford Focus 1.6 TDCI and when I decided to move on another model (decision dued by the fiscal legislation in Italy), on march 2012, I made a little bet: like you all know, first series of cars may have some problems and at the time I decided to trust to the dealer.

Needless to say, I'm very happy for that choiche and for its "consequences": in fact, in a very little time, I started to appreciate al the features of the car, expecially about the loading spaces, as long as I decided to buy and transport (all on my own), a 2,46 mt long IKEA cupboard (disassembled).

At that moment I realized that little car may became my best friend also for work: in fact I'm a salesman and I frequently move throught all the north east part of Italy, from Trento to Venice, from Verona to udine in an area 39.000.000 sq km wide.

It started like an experiment andI began to plan always new solutions to gain space inside the veichle, in order to build a little "motor home".

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Here below, you'll find some photos.
<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">

<div style="line-height: 16.7999992370605px;">Cheers!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome Alex, thanks for the photo's, you certainly are very ingenious, have you gone for the same engine 1.6tdci ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Alex
Welcome to the forum.

A very interesting first post.

After having a few drinks recently I have very briefly thought of ways to make good use of the B-Max space for a road trip etc. but had discounted them pretty quickly.

What you have done though is quite astonishing.

I especially like the cabinet etc. in the boot. Have you any other photos of the boot that you could show us?

Is it likely to be a work in progress as you use it and find other things to do / changes to make?

Exceptional work and very well done. Look forward to seeing / hearing more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Guys,thank you all for the comments.

I reply in separate ways:

@Jackkook: I own the 1.0 Ecoboost model and after 106.854 km I can definitely say that is a great engine (compared with the other look-alike-series). I can also say you that I'll never forget the 1.6 TDCI "gentle and helpful" rambling sound that accompanied me for 141.000 km...

@ Wayner73: my wife usually says me that I'm sick in the head, but I'm a camping-life addicted!
I've just finished the shelf which runs from the left to the right rooftop handles, and I'll post here a couple of photos later. In these days I'm preparing for a 6 days trekking tour in the Alps (with some kayak sessions), and I'm working on a wood box to put in substitution of all the back seats (in order to store a 40 liters backpack, trekking shoes and all the other accessories.

Cheers!

Edited by: Alex Taylor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andymayo: before I bought an auto - inflatable mat, the sensation I felt waking up in the morning was exactly the one you describe: like if I slept all the night long on an ironing board!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since Wayner73 asked me more informations about "the experiment", I took some pictures in order to explain how it's made.

Cabinet in the boot

The shelf (idea stealed by Renault Kangoo etc. etc.....)

The arm-rest (inside you can see the 220 Volts power converter)

More to come!

Cheers!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Alex

Thanks for the additional photos - even more interesting and inspiring.

In addition to the cabinet, I like even more the high-level rear shelf.

Very nice work.

Wayne

1 - 8 of 8 Posts