Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum and my first post is a question, which I appreciate is not good etiquette, so I apologise in advance.

Anyway I have ordered a new b-max and it's due any day but I was told (by a ford dealer - not the one we have used to buy the car) that the zetec had bluetooth as standard. However looking through the brochure it appears this is not the case. Could one of you fine people clarify?

Also if it's not the case, would an upgrade be possible at a later date or do you think this would be to difficult/expensive?

ATB

Dan

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have had a look at "whatcar.com" and they state Bluetooth as standard on zetec models.I have the Titanium and Bluetooth came as standard.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My Zetec has Bluetooth, Synch.

You might have to ask for it to be enabled though, my supplying dealer asked me if I wanted it doing and I said yes and it came with it all set up.

Geoff

·
Registered
69 Posts
My Zetec has it.I'm not sure earlier build models/brochures did. When my dealer was looking through the stock list he found a car I was after and then said: "Oh there's another one with Ford Synch if you want it" So Ihad that one.

Phone your dealer to check is the only way really.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all your replys.
The dealer told us our new car hasn't got it.
He explained that on the first builds it was a zero cost (free) option. However it's now not standard on the zetec spec only the titanium.
ATB.
Dan.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Don't think that can be right Dan, in the 26/6/13 brochure it lists the SYNC as an option on the Zetec, But I just picked up my new B-Max 1ltr 125bhp Zetec today and it has the ford SYNC fitted as standard, At No extra Cost, so I would ask again, your car should have it fitted!

Will

·
Registered
28 Posts
Will said:
Don't think that can be right Dan, in the 26/6/13 brochure it lists the SYNC as an option on the Zetec, But I just picked up my new B-Max 1ltr 125bhp Zetec today and it has the ford SYNC fitted as standard, At No extra Cost, so I would ask again, your car should have it fitted!

Will

Just checked the online Ford Price list for the B-Max dated 3/2/14and it lists the SYNC as a standard fitment in the Zetec but its not fitted as standard in the Studio!Think your Dealer has got it the wrong way round

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just looked at that too and your right. The price brochure lists it as standard but the "normal" brochure lists it as a option...
Hopefully the car will be arriving this week and all will be revealed!
We've gone for a zetec ecoboost 125hp in white with city pack and spare wheel. We only went for this as the dealer told us it was built and sitting in a depot in Europe somewhere as apposed to waiting three months.
Whilst me and wifey don't generally use the phone whilst driving it is nice to have the bluetooth option so fingers crossed.

I'll keep you all posted as this info may be useful to anyone who is about to order a new one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've just had my Zetec delivered (Yippee), and yes, it did have Sync.I started the process in January and at that time Sync was a free option on the Zetec, but had to be specified.
Since the start of February, there was a price change and also Sync was set as standard on the Zetec. It depends I guess on when the car was built.

·
Registered
28 Posts
debaser said:
A quick update on this, I haven't got the car yet but the V5 arrived this morning with the chassis/VIN number so I put it into this :
http://www.ford.co.uk/experience-ford/Technology/MobileCompatibility
It states it HAS sync. Also the ford etis site gave it a build date of 05/03/2014 so after the change in spec in February.

So it's all looking good!

ATB

Dan

Good to hear that Dan, Enjoy your new B-Max
I love mine !

Will

1 - 11 of 11 Posts