Ford B-Max Forum banner

new to owning a B-Max - got a Titanium X

7K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  vdragoslav 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Looks good Kev, I have one on order and currently driving a 61 plate Fiesta Zetec. How are you getting on with it?
Perhaps you could write a short review of what you like and perhaps what you don't like so much.

#4 ·
To be honest I found the first few days in it a little disappointing but then I had been spoilt with a top of the range Audi A3 which was new when I got it. Going from a 2litre 180bhp to the 1.0 eco boost just needed a little time.

I always liked fords having had a few focus previously. Their tech is good, seats and seating position are always good and everything is easy to use.

Once I stopped trying to drive like the Audi I really like the b-max.

I guess if your used to driving a fiesta you will be surprised by the amount of room you feel like you get in the cabin but should be used to how it feels and drives.

Glad I went for the titanium x. I didn't get one that had a satnav as thought the screen could be too small plus I can get a great one for £100 that can go in both cars.

#5 ·
Funnily enough, I was looking at the A3 before I bought the B Max. I thought the A3 was quite expensive for what seemed to be a pretty basic specification (mind you, the 1.4 150 bhp version did go well)and the B Max in top spec with satnav and parking sensors cost me 6 grand less.
My concern with the satnav is the screen being too small, but I got fed up with the Tomtom wire draped around the car and the unit looked a bit of a mess stuck on the dashboard.. I could have hard wired it I suppose.

The Ecoboost1.0 125 bhp engine feels pretty good though, especially compared to my current 1.25 normally aspirated Fiesta.

#8 ·
kev smallwood said:
when does yours arrive?

for the price bracket i was looking in (redundancy monies) there was only 3 titanium-x with glass roof in uk.
Mine is due to arrive on 14/1/17 though originally they said it would arrive before Christmas. It's scheduled to be built on 14/12/16. In any event, I was going to wait until January to register it as a 17 car as it was close to the end of the year.

I was told they could get me a Titanium X fairly quickly provided I did not mind what the colour was. However, I wanted a satnav and parking sensors, so as I was going to have to wait for a factory build, I chose the colour too.

The Audi dealer was absolutely hopeless as they would not give me a price, even though I had provided a clear specification and asked them in the dealership, by phone and by email. They said that they would not negotiate unless I visited the dealership in person, so gave up with them. Talk about a salesman talking a customer out of a deal. They also kept dodging my questions about servicing costs (quite important as I don't do a high mileage). All in all I found the salesman to be far too shifty for my liking and the guy at Ford was helpful, answered all of my questions and happy to complete a deal by phone after I had made an offer by email. FYI, I managed to haggle nearly £2,5k off of list price.

Any one else like to comment on how much they saved by haggling?

I wasn't too fussy about the sunroof and almost went for a Titanium with a few addons, then thought that a Titanium X would hold it's value better with a similar initial cost. The sunroof will be interesting though as I'm not quite sure of its different opening options.

Edited by: cianpars

#19 ·
that is true about the audi, i had the 180bhp s-line with full comfort and audio packs so it was all singing and dancing. i did have a basic model for a short spin on courtesy and it was nowhere near half as good.

don't know how the basic b-max holds up but the titanium-x is ok

#20 ·
I have one on order too, was going to hold on until august but as the new road tax changes comes in in April I decided to get one before the change, comes next week I'm told, excited! Black with glass roof. the big diesel engine. looking forward to the extra 20mpg ill get from my s-cross

#21 ·
Hi! Please make a fresh new topic regarding your black (panther?..?) TITANIUM B-MAX and share as much as you want about it! :>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.