Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just placed an order for a new Zetec B-Max 1,0T cc 125PS EcoBoostin Tectonic Silver, should have it on the road by the end of the month all going well. Hope I've made the right decision onmy enginechoice ! My last few cars were diesels.

Bill

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Will, welcome to the forum.

I think with this petrol engine it depends on your journey types. I only do very short town journeys mostly and I struggle on 32MPG. (1.0 ltr Ecoboost 120PS Titanium)I am a little disappointed because one of the reasons I changed was hoping to get a decent MPG around town after seeing the official figures.

I occasionally run to the east coast (100 miles approx. )and on that type of journey, M/Ways and A roads it will return 48ish. Taking the rough with the smooth I would say, but I really like the car and it has good specifications. I'm sure you will enjoy it !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your welcome.

Even if the mpg is not as good as the diesel engine there is about 7p a ltr saving on the price of petrol around here, compared to the Diesel.

Will

·
Registered
418 Posts
ON my diesel 1.6 I consistently get in excess of 60 m.p.g. regardless of driving mode. I am currently using winter tyres as well.

Anyone aiming for maximum fuel economy should never consider anything other than a diesel.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Not necessarily, I think there are a lot of considerations. For my point of view I drive a great deal in Europe, South and East as well as the familiar regions in the West. Diesel in a number of these countries is less than £1 per litre, where as petrol is often dearer than the U.K. So for me, petrol is not an option. I suppose if I was driving less than 5000 miles per year and only in the U.K. I would go for petrol, but having said that I would probably buy a demonstrator or low mileage one year old vehicle, and keep it for five years, in which case it would be possible to buy a diesel without having to find extra money.

I know people who just do not like diesel cars, but for me they are my preferred option.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Again

If what I am to believe about the new three cylinder 250 EcoBoost engine it should be a good compromise betweena diesel and petrol engine.

I had a test drive in a B-Max with the three cylinder petrol unit and it was so smooth and quiet compared to the diesel car I have at the moment, so I am looking forward toa change.

Time will tell if I have made the right decision
I have made wrong decisions in the past as have we all!

Will

1 - 10 of 10 Posts