Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am yet to f max in my area. I am currently driving a 61 plate S max Titanium 1.6 ecoboost.

Feeling a little confused on specs atm, also what engine size? Petrol or diesel. Hoping to get maximum mpg.

This is what i am looking for and i am presuming this is what i would get from a Titanium model.

Auto head lights
Auto wipers
Privacy glass
Start stop
DAB radio
Ebony black interior
Hill start assist
emergency break assist
Ford Sync
Bluetooth
keyless entry

I live in Dorset and not finding a vehicle (in white) in my area. I have a budget of £12,000.
I have found vehicles on a 13 plate but i am not prepared to buy a car over the internet without viewing first.

Sounds like most of you are enjoying your B'max's and i am looking forward to finally getting one.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Julie, your only option is diesel, if you are adamant about fuel economy. My 1.6CRDI Titanium achieves mid 60 ' s m.p.g., and you continually read in this forum of owners disappointment with the small 3 cylinder petrol versions. I know someone who has the 1.6 petrol B Max and understand that he can get up to 60 m.p.g. on a leisurely long run, but that figure is around 15 m.p.g. better than Ford's claims. Apart from stop / start which is not available on the diesel,and the ebony,I have all the spec you mention. Auto head lights are a waste of time, flashing on and off whenever there is a change of light, auto wipers are useful but do need a degree of driver input, and hill start assist is good but does not always kick in. Dab radio is brilliant, particularly in the Wild West of Wales, but to be honest I would go for the lowest mileage car you can get for your money rather than select one that is packed with extras. Good luck !!!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mine's the 1.0 ltr 125 Zetec petrol.

The MPG mainly around town is about 40 mpg, on a run it will do 50 mpg driven reasonably.

The power and torque from such a small engine is remarkable and I love it.

It is quiet and smooth.

A diesel will cost more to start off, will cost more in servicing and the fuel is more per litre.

However, the MPG with a diesel will be better, I think that if you do less than 12 to 15000 a year a diesel wins less than that and petrol makes more sense.

Most dealers will find a car if you tell them what you are looking for, always mention that if they find you a car it is subject to viewing and driving it (if it is used).

Your list of wants means it should be a Titanium.

The Zetec does have:-

Tintedglass
Start stop
DAB radio
Ebony black interior
Hill start assist
emergency break assist
Ford Sync/Bluetooth
Key fob lock unlock and boot unlock.

Geoff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am still looking for a car closer to home. It's not ideal buying a car over the internet without viewing or test driving. Thanks for the replies

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have had the 1.6tdci in a focus and also a 1.8 petrol in the focus. My old fiesta had the 125bhp 1.0 petrol engine in and was more fuel efficent than the 1.8 focus and nearly as good as the 1.6tdci. I averaged 55 in the 1.6 and mid to high 40s in the fiesta. My 2 week old bmax has got 200 miles on the clock and a average of 33mpg nearlly all town driving with the 125bhp 1.0 petrol engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts