Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded in My Citroen C3 Picasso yesterday and got myself a White B Max Titanium diesel. My Citroen was great ,but driving position was awful. My B Max is so comfortable. My only gripe is the shape of the passenger seat . There is a roll of material on the seat which digs into my wifes lower spine. Has anyone else ever noticed this . . . .?

·
Registered
418 Posts
To be honest no; and I am not clear as to what you mean. I love a high driving position, and if I could would sit on the car roof to drive. I purchased from Halfords a special cushion, I think it cost £39.99, and it has a tape attached that fits over the seat back to keep it in position. I think this small expenditure would satisfy your wife.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that info.The problem is not the seat back or base - it is what I would consider to be the padding that is in place in the anglewhere the base of the seat and the back meet. The Fiesta has similar shaped seats ,but the padding is not on them. I will have a look at the Halfords product you mentioned though.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi topolino,The roll of material you are talking aboutcould bethe lumbar support, which you can alter to your personal comfort preferencewith a lever on the side of the drivers seat.
It is midway up the seatabove wherethe handbrake is and you can turn it 1/4 of a turn to move the support out or in. Hope this solves your problem.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Specialk on my 1.6 diesel there is no lumbar support on the passenger side,the driver seat is operated by a lever which has a 90* operating range, but can be set in multiple positions.
Topolino I have identified what you mean, it is like a fabric step at the rear of both seats, where the actual seat joins to the back rest. I dare say, depending on build, many people would find this very annoying, me included. I had not noticed this because I made my Halfords purchase five minutes after picking up the car !!! I am 5'7" and even with the drivers seat set at maximumheight, fitting the Halfords cushion does not cramp me for head room.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts