Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Not a pressure washer! Xymol shampoo from Halfords, luke warm water, this after rinsing the car with cold water from a hose pipe. The leather it dry and finishing the windows off with newspaper, as this helps to stop any streaks.But if you insist on apressure washer then you can't go wrong with the trusted Karcher range.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
It seems like pressure washers come in 3 flavours, cheap (dont waste your money on these), medium and expensive.

I have a medium black and decker that i have been very happy with, but the more you spend, the higher the pressure and cleaning the drive becomes better and quicker.

I know several people who have Karchers and have been very happy with them, but i bought the black and de ker because at the time, it had more pressure and was cheaper than the Karcher.

Nothing cleans alloy wheels better than a pressure washer.

Mine has a spinning brush for washing the car which is good, but the brush for cleaning the driveway is useless.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know but honestly for it's use I don't really need much more. If I were to be cleaning concrete or decking regularly I would probably need something better but for car cleaning and getting in behind the alloys, blasting flys off the bumper it is good for the money.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
OK for your purposes then.

I borrowed a cheap one to do my drive and it took all day. I bought a mid range one and it took half a day. I guess if i had paid £200 then i would have saved even more time.

Now i am on a water meter, i worry about how much water i am using, but i have read that 80% of the output is compressed air.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
They are all ok for washing cars as you dont need too much pressure, but my bloxk paving needs a more expensive one. Choose the one with the most pressure for the money you want to spend.

And most of the brush attachments are pretty useless by the way.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Another vote for the Karcher K2. Dirt cheap and versatile.

Enough power to shift the most stubborn dirt but not so powerful that it'll blast your paintwork into the gutter. As long as you use the correct lance, that is.

Edited by: desthemoaner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.