Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone new 1.4 Zeetec this week very pleased with the B Max so far.
This morning while the car was stationary someone came the other way and knocked the wing mirror off,(drivers side) managed to pick up all the pieces and appear to be complete. The question is can it be put together or will something be broken so requirng a new mirror. Any answers would be gratefully received.
Regards Tug

·
Registered
103 Posts
Welcome aboard Tug....on nooooo bad luck with the bump depends how badly damaged the mirror is and are all the electric bits ok

Did the other car stop? i'd be contacting his insurers myself

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
When my wife got back with the car I was able to reassemble the wing mirror nothing was broken not even the glass. What a result! oh and by the way the youth did not stop and my wife was unable to get the reg of his car. At least no one was hurt and no damage visible on our car so i guess we were very lucky.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I managed to break my drivers mirror on the gatepost. The cover was badly scratched but got a new one of the correct colour from my dealer - £70 :-( Just make sure all the plastic clips are intact and that they and the indicator are correctly engaged.

Incidentally the handbook is wrong, it appears to show the Cmax.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi RobertSorry to hear about your mirror, I had a bit of vandalism to my b-max in February the outer casing was smashed, I thought £50 from Evains Halshaw was steep at the time, cannot see that inflation is that high that £20 is added in less than a year?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Week 1: Backed mine past a post and clipped the bit of the door mirror that sticks out BEYOND the end you can see from the drivers door... Fortunately only the back plate came off.

Look out for that bit of clear plastic that extends the side indicators!

Geoff

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yes sorry forgot to include the indicator lens which got a crack in it which let water in. That with the cover was nearly £74 in total.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts