Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a b max!
Took delivery yesterday of my panther black zetec.
Went for the 1 litre ecoboost 125!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have just had my B-max for two weeks. 1.0 engine Titanium Moondust Silver.Great car, lovely quiet engine, drives well, getting about 50 mpg on journeys of 20+ miles but drops to about 46mpg with AC on, great sound quality from Sony Radio/Cd. At the moment cannot fault this car.
Previously had Renault Scenic with 2 litre diesel/automatic. The B Max is a great car to drive so much better than the Renault Scenic.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have the same ecoboost 1.0 Titnanium but not getting the mpg, 43 average between fill ups is as much as I have achieved with a fair amount of distance travel but it still only has 2500 on the clock since Feb 1st, so perhaps not run in and always have air con on. My wife's 1.4 fiesta zetec diesel gets 58mpg average on similar travel with similar performance.I much prefer the Bmax though, nice high position and better seats and spec but the fiesta is a Zetec and 25,000 on the clock so I live in hope :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just used the first tank in my new zetec b max.
Only 32 mpg! I only do short journeys, lots of stop start, but still!
Should I turn off the auto engine stop? Sometimes it turns off and then I'm on the move again!
Does it nead to break in? Will it improve?
Your experience please!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My MPG figures are taken from the average figure on the central readout. My MPG around short town trips gives me 38 MPG, but 50-51 MPG on longer trips. Having the air conditioning on will reduce your average MPG by about 6 MPG. Also try to get into 5th gear as soon as possible. The 1.0 ltr engine feels very "nippy" and to make use of this acceleration you do have to expect lower fuel consumption. I tend to have the stop/start mode off as I think in the long term this will cause more wear on the starter motor. At road junctions when coming to a halt the engine is so quiet I sometimes think I have stalled the engine. Really pleased with the B Max and would highly recommend it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, my readout is from there also. How can the average mpg counter be reset?
All my journeys have so far been short hilly around town journeys. But even so! 32mpg!?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Press the button to scroll through the
displays.

You can reset the trip, average
fuel consumption and average
speed. Scroll to the required
display, then press and hold the button.

Is that what you refer to?

Page 61 of the manual .pdf

·
Registered
11 Posts
Average MPG can be reset simply by pushing in stalk on left hand side for a few seconds, you will see the previous figure gradually disappear.This also applies to resetting all the other read outs except the total mileage from new,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts