Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. Just Joined the club. I'm about to buy a b max 1.0 eco boost titanium. I used to have a Zafira 1.7 Diesel Ecoflex but had to install a new egr valve and sell it on. I only really do mostly town driving so don't need a diesel. The b max was being sold by a local Ford dealer (62) plate. I really like the car, great spec. My Mrs has a fiesta 1.0 eco boost. Great to drive. This will be my second Ford car, my first was a fiesta XR2!! Looking forward to owning and driving the B Max. Hopefully they'll be no major issues. Any advice regarding owning, maintenance or known faults would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Been very pleased with my 1.0 B Max. Very econmical around town and up to the national speed limit. Gets a bit thirsty if you go too fast, but doesnt anything :)

Nice to have 1.0 economy and a burst of power on the odd ocassion you need it.

Everyone I know with a Zafira and a Mariva has had similar problems, so im not surprised about yours.

I do think that the 1.0 turbo is a superb engine, though I have been admiring the 1.5 200 bhp in the new fiesta st lately.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Huggy121

Is your engine 99 or 125bhp? If you are wondering, it's on a plate on the rear wheel arch visible once you slide open a rear door. Dealers appear ignorant of the fact!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. I will check with the Ford dealer tomorrow and ask to see proof that it has been changed. I have paid a refundable deposit but have not paid the balance yet. Bit concerned now about the radiator hose. I have indeed found a lot of information about it online since being made aware of the issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
huggy121 said:
I believe it is a 125bhp engine. Although when I was looking at the car I didn't know about the plate on the rear wheel arch. Thanks

Yes I found it without anyone telling me. Dealers went to great lengths to ascertain that mine was a genuine 125bhp. If only they knew about the plate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.