Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. Just Joined the club. I'm about to buy a b max 1.0 eco boost titanium. I used to have a Zafira 1.7 Diesel Ecoflex but had to install a new egr valve and sell it on. I only really do mostly town driving so don't need a diesel. The b max was being sold by a local Ford dealer (62) plate. I really like the car, great spec. My Mrs has a fiesta 1.0 eco boost. Great to drive. This will be my second Ford car, my first was a fiesta XR2!! Looking forward to owning and driving the B Max. Hopefully they'll be no major issues. Any advice regarding owning, maintenance or known faults would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just check that it has the updated water radiator hose. Degas pipe? It's well documented here and on facebook. I'd rather go for the 1.4 petrol but that only comes in zetec trim.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Been very pleased with my 1.0 B Max. Very econmical around town and up to the national speed limit. Gets a bit thirsty if you go too fast, but doesnt anything :)

Nice to have 1.0 economy and a burst of power on the odd ocassion you need it.

Everyone I know with a Zafira and a Mariva has had similar problems, so im not surprised about yours.

I do think that the 1.0 turbo is a superb engine, though I have been admiring the 1.5 200 bhp in the new fiesta st lately.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Huggy121

Is your engine 99 or 125bhp? If you are wondering, it's on a plate on the rear wheel arch visible once you slide open a rear door. Dealers appear ignorant of the fact!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi. I will check with the Ford dealer tomorrow and ask to see proof that it has been changed. I have paid a refundable deposit but have not paid the balance yet. Bit concerned now about the radiator hose. I have indeed found a lot of information about it online since being made aware of the issue. Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe it is a 125bhp engine. Although when I was looking at the car I didn't know about the plate on the rear wheel arch. Thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
huggy121 said:
I believe it is a 125bhp engine. Although when I was looking at the car I didn't know about the plate on the rear wheel arch. Thanks

Yes I found it without anyone telling me. Dealers went to great lengths to ascertain that mine was a genuine 125bhp. If only they knew about the plate!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts