Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and girls new member Dave here been very helpful reading the posts on here, i will be getting my b max titanium x next week it's a 1.5 TDCi in magnetic silver year 2016 with just over 3k miles on the clock. Looking forward to driving it and putting some feedback on here too.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, just hope i have more luck with this car my last car which is a Vauxhall meriva has been hit so many times by other people when it has been parked up on the road or in a car park, someone even keyed it all the way down the drivers side. Got fed up repairing it in the end.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Welcome Dave, I have just got 3 weeks ago an identical B-Max to yours, I traded in an identical one,except it had the 1.6 diesel, it was two years and three months old and had done 55000 miles, I prefer the 1.5 diesel, I had one in a Fiesta previously, it does not develop its power as high up as the 1.6, apart from CC the only other difference is the 1.5 is only eight valves.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jack, this is my first b max been driving a Vauxhall meriva diesel got it 6 months old and had it for 11 years never failed an mot been a great car accept it developed a problem with the eps ( electronic power steering) and when it went off I could hardly turn the steering wheel, it was an accident waiting to happen and Vauxhall know about it too and I looked into buying a Vauxhall Moka but apparently some owners are having the same problem with them too so opted for the b max.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi Dave,
Had an old-style Meriva myself (pre-clamshell doors) and loved it, but when I went to replace it the clamshell was in and 6" wider and 1' longer - - so it wouldn't fit in the garage. Like you I thought it a great car and would still be driving one if they had kept it the same size and I was confident that they had really fixed the steering problem.

Having said that the B-Max is better in almost every way, especially the lack of B-Pillars; with the result that after a disastrous foray into Hyundai (ix20), I am now on my second B-Max. I just hope that Ford resist the temptation to 'Fix' things that are not broken with the model and keep the same external size, ride, and no B-pillars and allow me to keep with the type as long as possible.

Best of driving

Geri

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Everyone I know who's had a Meriva, Astra or Zafira has had the ECU light come on and an expensive bill to fix. Usually just after the warranty has expired. I almost began to think they were pre-programmed to do this. Did your Meriva suffer from this?
Hope you get better luck with the B Max.

I'm also wondering whether you need to be a bit more careful where you park. I'm much more careful after several incidents like yours on previous cars and it seems to work (touch wood).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi i haven't had any issues other then the EPS light and the power steering going off whilst driving. Definitely will be parking in safer places if their are any.Edited by: Davefarro

1 - 9 of 9 Posts