Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught the edge of a new traffic calming installation kerbstone that I didn't see (I was travelling at 30mph). Loud bang, pulled in - both nearside tyres blown, front one mangled. Dealer says new wheels/tyres at cost of £700ish. When they have been fitted a test drive will determine if I've done any damage to suspension/frame.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Sorry to hear that fordly. Lets hope there is no more damage than you already know about. It sounds expensive enough as it is. Where they the15 spoke 16inwheels?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Fordly,
Was this newtraffic calming high kerbstone under construction or completed and in either case if its new has it been signposted correctly ?

May be cause for a claim

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Sorry to hear this, lets hope no further damage to the steering or suspension setup. Will be worthwhile checking to ensure it was properly lit and sign posted.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw some metal triangular signs lying face down on the pavement, but didn't know what they related to. There were 2 similar signs, again face down on the pavement, leading up to the site on the opposite side of the road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Collected car after new wheels/tyres fitted. No further damage found. Software update installed whilst in garage. Now about to drive from the far south west to Manchester. It will be interesting to see how the mpg works out.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi fordly
Glad there was no further damage. Im assuming you are talking about a sync software update. Did they do that automatically?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Driver's side rear window reopening when it reached the top of its travel. Was told by the dealer that a software update was needed. As long as the engine starts when I press the button that's all I need. I don't want to know how things work, I pay enough for a car to have to do things myself. I apologise if I come across as somewhat lacking in all things car; my brother is a time-served mechanic of over 40 years standing, I have a BSc(Hons) degree in Social Science. Guess who earns more money? lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts