Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Newbie here. Bought a 14 plate b max and have to say I love it. Have driven renault for years but this is the best car I have owned. Wife wanted a bigger car and I fancied a fiesta so the b max was a win win.
The only downside is the top floor of the boot is missing. Hope that makes sense. Anyone have an idea of how much it will cost to get one?
Cheers I'm off for a drive

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hi,

Not meaning to be impudent, there is only one piece of 'flooring', with two heights to set it at. It is possible that the previous owner had it set at the lower position, which is literally just laid on top of the spare wheel well. It is solid and about a half inch thick. If this is the case you do not need to spend anything, but simply move it to the top position. It may be however, that it was removed to allow the full depth of the 'boot' space to be used and not replaced.
If this is the case, I would try to push the dealer you bought it from to get you one, or if they refuse try a scrapyard.

Welcome,
Geri

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Geriaticus, sorry to contradict, but there are two floors in the boot! As you say the main floor panel is approx a half inch thick but there is a second thinner panel which sits over the spare wheel or inflation kit lower down in the boot. It would be quite simple to manufacture the lower one from a piece of m.d.f (6mm/9mm) and stick a piece of carpet on it to replicate the original. With the two panels in place you have the use of a hidden storage space beneath the actual boot floor.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, thanks for your replies. Did not think of making my own. Not great at diy though.
Google images bmax boot will show what is missing. The part with the "hole" that let's you lift it.
Will watch out for spares at scrappies

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi Geri, no worries. Had to lift my TWO boot floors this morning for access to the spare wheel, got someones carelessly disgarded woodscrew in my nearside rear (exactly one year since thesame thing happened to the offside rear!) so a second new tyre
in under eleven thousand miles.˜  Oh the joys of car ownership.

·
Registered
242 Posts
redfive. I know I'm now asking for it, but. In 3 years of motoring with the B Max, 30k miles and 2 trips through Europe under there belt. I am still on the original tyres and the have some 3-4 mm left on them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi TheInstructor, after 55 years of motoring, during which time i only suffered two punctures ( both got repaired) it's cost me two new tyres in less than 12 months due to carelessly disgarded nails/screws as both in the shoulder of the tyres. I usually make mine last for at least 20,000 miles.

·
Registered
242 Posts
That's unlucky redfive, when I purchased my B Max, I waited until the day it arrived from Essex up to my local Ford dealer. This was after haggling an amazing deal and paying the deposit with a credit card. I asked where my spare wheel was? To which, after some more haggling, the dealer took a spare wheel out of the new fiesta(pre Registered) and put it into my B Max. Just in case of such instances. Why people put up with the tyre inflator and gunk kit is beyond me, totally beyond me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.