<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">SUDDEN ACCELERATION UNSOLVED
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">COMPLETE NEW FRONT BRAKE SYSTEM

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">NEW HILL ASSIST SYSTEM

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">NEW GEARBOX

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">TOTAL MILEAGE 2256 MILES ON CLOCK..

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">WHAT WOULD YE DO..

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">MOBILITY DRIVER WITH PARKINSON'S

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">PLEASE HELP ME OUT

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">BRIAN

·
Registered
103 Posts
if it's a motability vehicle contact them IMMEDIATLEY they should be sorting all this on your behalf...so many faults they can suggest a cancellation of contract and a replacement vehicle instead

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi ..in ireland its different as you get a reduction in the price of the car so its my car bought like any other car...

·
Registered
418 Posts
Have you got a friend who is mechanically minded, who can accompany you on a drive, and perhaps identify anything that you may be doing wrong. To be honest it would be worth your while to ask your Ford dealer to supply you with a mechanic for two or three hours, on the basis that if you are dong something wrong you pay his labour charge, and if it is the car they pull their fingers out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi ..Im driving automatics 10 years, 2 new scenics, i ghia focus, one cmax, and now a bmax...

your pointing at my driving has caused the hill assist to fail. ford having to replace now complete front end braking system and the gearbox at 2200 miles. I drive three miles to work and don't drag race at the weekends...

ford have gotten the finger out but if this keeps up the only original part left on it will be the key.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have been driving for nearly 53 years, during which time I have owned more than eighty cars. Cars are not what they used to be, technology has taken over. I was only trying to help, and would still suggest you take someone with you, if only to hold the camera. The video you obviously took whilst driving was not the best way to convince forum members that you are doing everything right. Again I also suggest you take legal advice here, because as you say it is a hell of a lot of money to pay for an ignition key.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Johnwales..

Sorry but I did not want to offend you. Just as always it's the little people who have to put up with a substandard car.Having to wait weeks for parts and never do the multinational car companies offer a replacement new car...

If I went to the shops and bought a pack of underwear and one ripped they would ask if I wanted a replacement or my money back...

Bmax Ireland price 28,350 euros

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
JOHNWALES said:
snip> I have been driving for nearly 53 years, during which time I have owned more than eighty cars. <snip
Wow, we have a rich man in our mist! A car every 1.5 years!

This poor man has been driving 58 years and only had some 15 cars! I a car every 4 years!

But on the other side, I have driven over 2000 in the UK alone.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JOHNWALES wrote:

snip> I have been driving for nearly 53 years, during which time I have owned more than eighty cars. <snip

As for makem.. You need to recalculate your answer.. It's a car every 7.96 months and not 1.5 years.

53 years -- divided by eighty

Also you could try explain what you mean in your post.. it makes no sense at all and is utter rubbish.

Nothing to do with bmax at all..

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
You are right young man, your calculation of buying a new car every 8 months is correct.

The post was supposed to be a jocular remark as I felt his figures were a little inaccurate.

The quote was from a post related to the B-MAX and my post related to that post, hence related to the B-MAX.

Sorry for trying to interject a little humor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm all for a bit of fun but if been funny does not come naturally ... really you should not try...

and on that note an online course on been a stand up comedian so future comedy is funny...

http://www.stand-upcomedyworkshop.com/

<br style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">Location: Chelmsford
<br style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">Status: Offline
<br style="font-size: 11px; line-height: 15px;">Points: 586 ------senior member???? Now thats funny,,,

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mr. Dublin, if I were you I would concentrate on getting that car of yours serviceable for the road, and absorbing all the advice you have been offered. Uncontrolled acceleration, new gearbox, and replacement brakes, and only 2,200 miles on the clock, suggest to me that something is drastically wrong . But what !!!!!
Mr. Makem, are you the guy who I met on the M25 a few months ago approaching the tolls on the Dartford crossing, who would not let me pull into an outside lane in order to approach an automatic toll booth. Probably not, but I bet ' been there, done that ' sounds familiar.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mr. Dublin, have you been out in your BMax today ? I have been thinking a great deal about your predicament, after all it is something which could eventually effect many other people. It is a pity that you live in Dublin which is not far as the SEAGULL flies, but one hell of a journey by car.
Did your dealer, or Ford, analyseany of the parts that they have had to replace, the gear box and brakes possibly contained evidence to suggest what caused them to fail. What Car magazine has a section which deals with new car problems and it might well be worth your while contacting them. I cannot find their address in the magazine, but dare say you could find it on line.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi johnwales..

I don't have my Bmax as tomorrow it will have been in the dealership a week awaiting the new gearbox which I've been told by ford that it will take three weeks to work out a delivery date.. So at the end of the month I could be told it will be weeks more to wait ...

MY take on it is that

1. Sudden acceleration has been fobbed off as diagnostics came back with nothing..

2.The hill assist was faulty holding brakes on and causing damage to the gearbox..

The dealership is only removing the gearbox to send it to ford uk to analyze.. Ford looking to
see what exactly has happened.

What car magazine is an excellent option I now contemplate as Ford are clearly covering their tracks...

Sadly since I got it the Bmax has been a thorn in the side of my health which cannot take the stress of all this...

Take care JohnWales

B..

Delivery in may

weeks in dealerships

ONLY 2000 miles driven

At least the next month without my BMAX

Shame on you Ford

·
Registered
418 Posts
BMax I have read some real horror stories where cars have been concerned; in fact over the last 53 years I have experienced several myself. BUT NEVER have I heard such a distressing tale as yours. Had I been following your story one month ago I would never have even visited a Ford garage, let alone buy one. I presume you have been given a courtesy car during the off road period, only a small satisfaction I know. I really do feel that you ought to be consulting a lawyer over this matter !! Another thought on your insurance policy do you have legal cover, usually used to recover money that requires court action. If you were to contact your insurance company and detail the whole saga to them, and take the angle that as this car has experienced instances of uncontrolled acceleration, brake and gear box faults, you feel that it does not meetthe required safety standards expected from a new car. I do wish you luck in this matter, I know it is easier to say than do, but try not to let it deteriorate your health.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No fighting between us all lads.This B max is crap! Great concept, rubbish build and quality control.
For mine, it has been in for rattles under bonnet (or hood if you are American)
Rear window electrics have a mind of their own - using global closing the shut ones open!
Rattles and vibrations in steering wheel.
Now needs new clutch assembly - judders when reversing uphill, clutch plate stinks ie burning, and thrust bearing groans.
Mileage 2850.
Be glad when it is 12 months old and get rid of it. Never have another Ford built in Rumania.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts