Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the new Fiesta, and with hindsight, wish I had not bought the B Max and waited for it to arrive.

Not that I don't like the B Max, the high driving position, extra luggage space and the sliding rear doors are great. But that comes at a cost of increased wind noise, susceptability to cross winds and rather irritating body roll. I also find the steering a little heaveir and less precise than the Fiesta.

As things stand, the new Fiesta is looking like it might be my next nrw car in a few years time. However, my B Max is in Titanium X spec, and to replace that spec might be too pricey when the time comes.

One of the big plusses for me has been the ecoboost 123 bhp engine. It really is a great little powerplant and is econo.ical provided that you don'tmax out the performance too much. 7000 miles now and still averaging over 45 mpg. But Open it up too much or drive much over 70 (onthe clock), then it does start to drink a bit of juice. Economical round town though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I would hang on for the Fiesta Active due in 2018, which is the B-Max replacement.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A lot of b max owners might Willow, but i get the impression that the active may be a lot more expensive and I do miss the sportier feel of my old fiesta. Will have to see when the timecomes, but will probably.keep the b max for 4 or 5 years.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am currently in the process of replacing my B-Max with a C-Max. The Fiesta seating position is a problem for me and I disliked the Ecoboost for its lack of boot space.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Willow said:
I would hang on for the Fiesta Active due in 2018, which is the B-Max replacement.

I don't think the Fiesta active is really a B-Max replacement, it's slightly higher and has black plastic bumper bits for your 'active' lifestyle but thats about it:https://www.ford.co.uk/cars/new-fiesta/models-specs/active

The Fiesta does look a great car though, the Titanium X is nearly £18,000 which is a lot for the size of car.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ford will always discount its list prices Ant. 12% to 15% seems ro be the norm though I have heard of better.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi Groupie

The Active has been billed as the B-Max replacement, this is according to my local Ford dealer. The B-Max is being discontinued.The new Fiesta is now sporting a slightly larger chassis, so it makes sense to introduce a new version of the B-Max using the new chassis.

·
Registered
98 Posts
My understand was the Ecosport was the 'replacement' for the B-Max, of course not exactly a direct replacement.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think it's gonna be a case of watch this space. Tiz a shame to see the demise of the B-Max though

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I expect that the evolution will make the ecosport better than the b max. They wont replace it with something worse will they?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts