Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 1.0 ecoboost with city pack
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just registered here as I've just got a 1.0ecoboost Bmax , very impressed with it so far , only issue is the heated screen only clearing the passenger side but that's an issue I've read about . I've known the car for 4 1/2 years and the previous owner never had any issues with it other than a broken coil spring on it's last MoT .

Mark

·
Registered
712 Posts
Welcome. Enjoy your new car.
Yes, the heated windscreen can be problematic ( i had mine replaced under warranty). There are things you can try to fix it. Search " heated windscreen" to find them. Good luck !

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Yeah, heated windscreens have been an issue for a few. if I remember correctly each side is on a different fuse, so that's worth checking. Secondly, I recall that this can be related to battery condition. It seems like the system seems to shut down one side if the battery is low. I have a feeling that it might not differentiate between left and right hand drive vehicles though. At 4.5 years, the battery may be weak if it has had little use or has done a lot of short journeys in its lifetime.

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
As well as seperate fuses for the heated screen it also has seperate relays, one for each side. If one side clears and not the other then i would check fuses then the relay.It happend to me on the passenger side and turned out to be a faulty relay.

·
Registered
2014 1.0 ecoboost with city pack
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice regarding the screen , I'm looking at replacing the battery soon as it's the original so it's done pretty well .

Mark

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.