I am picking my Titanium 1 ltr
120ps up in the morning cant
wait, trading it in for my Grand C Max which is a fab
car but getting on in years now and need to downsize

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well picked it up this morning, so far I love it even if it has not got everything the Grand C-Max had, miss the auto opening tailgate and the additional storage spaces. One issue bugs me I asked for the city pack and it came with the reversing guide but the wing mirrors do not retract when locking the car, I thought this was part of the city pack
?

Othen than that am amazed how 'zippy' it is for the engine size, and one I have mastered Sync will feel more comfortable...also miss the paddles that were on the C-Max steering wheel but, no doubt about it so far it is a great car

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I think I read in the manual that you can stop the mirrors folding.

Check the menu/vehicle settings maybe they have been turned off as they are definitely part of the city pack.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I am not 100% sure on the B-Max but you candefinitely switch it off on other Ford's so I'm sure it will be the same. On the Fiesta it used to be in the menu > vehicle settings > powerfold mirrors, select "Link to lock". If you ever manually folded the mirrors it used to reset this each time - very frustrating!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks I got it working by using the menu button and selecting fold mirrors on closing vehicle still not 100% happy because in my C-Max there was a small button in the same area of the window close/open that allowed you to fold the mirrors when in the car, very useful when parking my car in the garage at night now I have to execute a careful manoeuvre
by judging the distance when entering my garage a bit nerve racking as I dont
want to scrape the mirrors!! apart
from that still very impressed with the B Max

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Darkclothdave

Woud
never have looked if you hadn't mentioned it, many thanks have just noticed the very tiny icon set in the wing mirror adjuster switch which when depressed folds the wing mirrors manually

It was certainly well hidden

first
week of B Max...loving it...not quite the storage space I had in the Grand C Max 1.6 Diesel but......
crikey
is it
zippy acceleration with the 1 Ltr
120PS is amazing....
stop/start takes some getting used to but as it is supposed to save on fuel will persist. Miss the auto opening boot I had on the C Max but can live without it.

Overall am very pleased with the car

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Great, glad you are happy with it. I'm hearing all sorts of good reports about that engine.

Stop start gets a little getting used to but I find I use it all the time now unless I am in very slow moving traffic when I feel there is little point in stopping and then literally starting itimmediatelyright back up again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Dan

Yep agree that you need to know when to use stop/start.

Have just purchased a holder that fits to
the back of the drivers
seat as the small netting attached to the rear of the seat is totally inadequate, now I can put my maps/various items (brolly
etc
) in the holder.

The only other problem I am having is trying to sync my work blackberry to the car...my iPhone went in no bother but despite me trying all sorts of things I can't get the Blackberry to sync at all when I search in bluetooth
it does not find the Ford whereas in the previous car (C-Max) I had no prob
synching it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Now managed to get the Blackberry synched to the car...a case of playing about until it worked

Still enjoying the car

One or two minor niggles .....
the rain activated front wipers do tend to need a 'nudge' now and then to make them operate, and am not impressed with the large piece of plastic coil that links into the rear sliding doors (they could have surely hidden them). Instrument panel dimming switches don't provide too good a service and no engine temp gauge. Despite these minor niggles the car is proving good to drive, economical with fuel and as I mentioned in a previous post, the 1Ltr 120PS engine is amazingly quick

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Experiencing intermittent activation of the stop/start engine facility, (no I have not switched it off) doesn'talways work. Can't understand why it works some times and not others.

Anyone else having the same issue?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
If the engine is cold and your are trying to heat up the interior or, if the engine needs to supply electric, or I presume if the battery needs charging, it would not stop.

I have noticed it a couple of times but there has always been such a reason although didn't make a note of what as it just seemed normal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Car
had been running for quite a while, no heater on, and as it is only a few weeks old can't see it being the battery.

Will have to keep an eye on it and if it persists contact my local dealer, can live without it but is annoying when one of the 'selling items' of this B Max is the eco
engine stop/start facility

otherwise still very happy with the car

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
It is temperature sensitive - so if the temp is less than (I'll say 5 degrees but don't know the exact figure) it won't stop. It puts too much pressure on the battery - as does having a lot running inside the car - sodeliberatelywon't cut out.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dan

Thats
really useful info and now explains why it has been intermittent as a lot of the time the weather of late has been below freezing or just above it you live and learn

thanks
again

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Dan/Makem

Thanks again for the info re stop/start I now know that it kicks in around 4C below that doesn't work

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I find it a pain in queues leading up to traffic lights and turn it off. If not the engine may stop/start some 50 times.

Today in rain with wipers, headlights and heating it on still stopped. It must ruin the battery very quickly if you just let it do it's own thing.

I got up to 36.2 mpg today from a start of 35 on mostly motorway 75 miles round trip.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Makem

I too have decided to switch off the stop/start in town traffic last Monday I was in a queue and the engine must have stopped and started at least 80 times! cant
believe that is good for the engine (any Ford engineers know different ?)

Still more than happy with the car, said it before and say it again this eco
engine 999cc is amazingly zippy and a joy to use

1 - 20 of 26 Posts