Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I would pop in and say hello! I'm getting my first B-Max this coming weekend - a mid-2015 Zetec model in Tectonic Silver.

This will be my first Ford since i owned a Mk 1 Ford Fiesta some 21 years ago!!!

I'm looking forward to getting it

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Firstly, welcome to the forum and have a read through as many of the topics as you can. Any questions or advice needed, you will get answers from whole host of likeminded souls here. I think that the Zetec is probably the best value for money in the range.

I guess how much you enjoy it will depend on the model and trim of your previous car. The Zetec is pretty well specced, though i pushed the boat out and got the Titanium X with a few extras.

I expect that you would probably have paid little more than half of what i had too for mine, but I was looking at the Audi A3 at the time and realised that i could get a top spec on the ford for much less than a very basic and spartan Audi.

Which engine and gearbox option did you go for?Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
ps. I think that silver seems to be the best colour for not showing the dirt and salt which comes off the roads is a similar cour, so doesnt show as much as it does on a darker colour.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We went for the 1.6 Diesel with manual Gearbox. It's a used car, only ever owned by the dealer. It's done a touch over 12k miles and I think was a good price.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The diesel is a very economical engine and doesnt pull to badly either. Glad that its a manual as there have been quite a few issues with the auto box clutch.

What was your previous car?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Good choice Roy, the 1.6 diesel is a great engine,coupled with the cracking manual 5 speedbox. It is a real delight to drive. Whether plodding around town or otherwise. You've just gotta watch those big blind spots though. Enjoy and welcome to the group.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sounds pretty much what I went for, mine was an 1.6 tfi Titanium ex dealer demonstrator with around 6k on the clock. They are usually good cars to go for as the dealer makes sure they are in top condition to impress would be buyers. 3 years and 40k on I am very happy with it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good choice! Our 1.6TDCi has averaged 54mpg since we've had it, most of that is in driving conditions not really suited to diesel (round town, short journeys), and Tectonic Silver doesn't show the dirt (too much). The B-MAX is a great car, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome to the forum roybridge, as other members have already said, you will find a wealth of info on this site. If you have any questions , dont be afraid to ask as we seem to have a very knowledgable group.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts