Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just become a B-Max owner and thought I'd say hello.

Having had a Nissan Note 1.4 Diesel for just over 6 years, this week I finally traded it in for something newer.

After a lot of research I decided to go with B-Max and I'm hoping it will last me just as long as the Nissan Note did.

I opted for the 1.4 Petrol Zetec in the end, it's a 65 plate with just over 15,000 miles on the clock and I went with that engine despite the reviews saying to steer clear of it. I suppose I could have gone for the EcoBoost engine but having compared this B-Max engine with my Nissan Note engine, there wasn't much difference in terms of performance.

Obviously I'll not get anywhere close to 72.3 mpg I managed to average in the Nissan Note but having spent a small fortune replacing the injectors and EGR valve last year, I was finally glad to see the back of that Diesel car in the end.

Having watched several reviews on the B-Max I was itching to get behind the wheel and when I finally did earlier last week I was impressed by how much more fun it was to drive than the Nissan Note. A few drives later and I'm so glad swapped to the B-Max.

Any other B-Max 1.4 Petrol Engine owners here on the forum?

Bye for now

MerseysideMorph

·
Registered
210 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Like you, i ditched the horrid 1.5 diesel Note and went to ford in the shape of a B-Max 1.0L ecoboost.
Just as cheap to run as the Note was in terms of tax petrol etc but WAAYYY cheaper in spares. All i've replaced so far are the spark plugs and done a mini service, thats it ! Spent loads on the Note and it never gave me a single month trouble free.

Hopefully you get many years trouble free from your new car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've just become a B-Max owner and thought I'd say hello.

Having had a Nissan Note 1.4 Diesel for just over 6 years, this week I finally traded it in for something newer.

After a lot of research I decided to go with B-Max and I'm hoping it will last me just as long as the Nissan Note did.

I opted for the 1.4 Petrol Zetec in the end, it's a 65 plate with just over 15,000 miles on the clock and I went with that engine despite the reviews saying to steer clear of it. I suppose I could have gone for the EcoBoost engine but having compared this B-Max engine with my Nissan Note engine, there wasn't much difference in terms of performance.

Obviously I'll not get anywhere close to 72.3 mpg I managed to average in the Nissan Note but having spent a small fortune replacing the injectors and EGR valve last year, I was finally glad to see the back of that Diesel car in the end.

Having watched several reviews on the B-Max I was itching to get behind the wheel and when I finally did earlier last week I was impressed by how much more fun it was to drive than the Nissan Note. A few drives later and I'm so glad swapped to the B-Max.

Any other B-Max 1.4 Petrol Engine owners here on the forum?

Bye for now

MerseysideMorph
I have a just a bought a1. 4 zetec b max really happy with it. Last car c4 Picasso vtr was a money pit

·
Registered
11 Posts
B Max 1.4 petrol really happy with the car could not afford the titanium or eco boost models but satisfied with this model

1 - 7 of 7 Posts