Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Estimated delivery date for my B Max is now 21/1/17, yet the dealer has registered it from 28/12/16.

I guess this was done to meet their end of year sales target, but I'm not impressed.

If it was your new car, what would you do?

Could be even more interesting if the delivery date gets pushed back again and it's also of concern that the etis shows it as solid grey, whereas mettalic magnetic was ordered - dealer says the etis is wrong, which seems a little unlikely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
712 Posts
That's only acceptable if you are compensated in some way. A free first service for starters. How about free mud flaps all round ? (if you want them)
Obviously the colour has to be right or you will reject it.

Best of luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
If the colour is right don't sweat it. The fact that the thing is registered before delivery is pretty normal otherwise you are left waiting on the DVLA process which is as shown below

The V55/1 form (completed by the vehicle manufacturer) is sent to the dealer, independently and prior to the delivery of the relevant vehicle.


The dealer then completes a V55/2 form in conjunction with the buyer of
the new vehicle.


Only when this is returned to the DVLA is a registration number issued. I am sure you don't want to wait around while this happens especially given the delays that are inevitable over the holiday period. The delay is as likely to be at the factory or importer end as the dealer. If you ordered the car before year end the salesman and dealer have already made their targets..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
Hi,

I may be wrong, but I believe that I read somewhere the DVLA only use 15 colours (image a copper seeing the colour 'Lancelelot' rather than 'Gold' listed for a Vauxhall - I kid you not); and Magnetic is chosen as 'Grey' which is not really right, but not actually wrong either.

Geri




Edited by: Geriatricus
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm minded to reject it as a 2016 vehicl e unless they can come up with a revised deal. Existing car has only done 20000 miles and i would be happy to keep it for another year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What do you think the difference would be in resale value in 4 or 5 years time?

Would be handy to know how much i need to renegotiate the deal.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top