Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I’ve had a 1.6 diesel Titanium X for three years now - very happy with it.
Have just sold our Skoda Karoq - great car, but our (fingers crossed) move to South Devon very soon, and lifestyle change, has made us decide to buy another B Max (as new a model as we can find- yes, his and hers Bs for a while, after trying other cars too I would add - VW UP and others.
Our plan is to use my ‘old’ one for a few months after our move, then sell that for something completely different - a camper van we can also use as a second car, but that’s another story….
So, Devon coast, hills, stop start to give way on narrow lanes, minimum 5 miles each way on any journey - which engine?
Obviously diesel gives more torque, but is seen as the devil by many nowadays, so if petrol - 1.4 old technology, or 1ltr 3 pot newer Ecoboost?
Any advise please? Thank you

·
Registered
453 Posts
the eco-boost engines are more powerful than the 1.4, -because they have the turbo
another advantage (except for the very late ones) only being £30/year tax,
and probably better fuel consumption too

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the eco-boost engines are more powerful than the 1.4, -because they have the turbo
another advantage (except for the very late ones) only being £30/year tax,
and probably better fuel consumption too
Thanks for your reply. Yep, my 1.6 diesel has the £30 tax advantage too.
An ex Ford tech guy I asked is very negative about the whole Ecoboost ‘get as much power out of three small cylinders design’. I haven’t had the chance to drive one yet (was looking at the 125) to compare it against my diesel of almost the very same bhp.
The reliability issue re these engines, it just seems which Internet page/entry do you believe?! 🙄

1 - 3 of 3 Posts