Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my last post saying all was well with the new clutch there is a bit of a setback!! Went to start the car this morning, and the battery was nearly flat !!
Just enough juice to operate the central locking, but not enough to turn the engine over.
I can only assume that during the clutch replacement the electrics have been in some way compromised causing the drainage on the battery.
Have recharged it, but after checking it with a meter, it is slowly loosing power. It will probably be flat again by the morning.
Told the garage, and they will look at it on Monday (if I can get it started) !!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi Neil.
A common fault with the bmax is the battery going flat through the bluetooth system continuing to seek a mobile phone after you have left your vehicle. I dont use my phone much so I turned off the seek function in the menu settings. There is quite a bit of info abòut this subject on the forum with other solutions/reasons for loss of charge.
I hope that your gearbox is now fixed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, but it has never happened before, and I always have my phone linked through Bluetooth, and I take it in the house when I leave the car. This fault it to much of a coincidence with the repair.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Neil.Mathewson said:
Thanks for that, but it has never happened before, and I always have my phone linked through Bluetooth, and I take it in the house when I leave the car. This fault it to much of a coincidence with the repair.
They may have had a software update or reset the complete management system and left you with new defaults. I did have a similar issue when I left the car overnight but didn't lock it. This was fixed by a software update.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.