Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coldest morning since i've had the b max. Started up and traction control and abs lighta were on. Auto start stop light also would not go out.

Drove 10 miles, stopped the engine and restarted and all has worked normally since.

is the B-MAX allergic to the cold?Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes, it is! To mine as well as yours the last night was the coldest.)
Today at 9 o'clock I pressed the button. Then it stayed for about a second to... "think".
Now I know how B-MAX acts at -12 degrees! :>

P. s. A neighbour told me at 6 o'clock was -16. ;)
This night -20 is expected. :>Edited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May be a reaction to the sensors showing a low battery charge due to the cold? I've had no other symptoms though and most of my journeys are 15 to 20 miles. Rarely do short hops.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The same -12.I feel it's colder than yesterday probably due to the wind and the lack of sun (thick clouds).
Could be the sensors as well.., but it's a mechanical imperfection of the engine that can't handle low temperatures in the first minute of running (variable rpm and a bit shaky).

P. s. The windshield was derfosted in less than two minutes, yesterday with the help of warm air. I thought a month ago or so that the electric resistence in the glass doesn't work. :">

Edited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
70 Posts
In Holland nighttime minus 10 C ,daytime minus 5 C.
Very happy with my windscreen heating,thank you Ford!

Starting problems: let the beast wake up properly,i need a hot coffee after waking up,for us these are special circumstances,but we and the B-Max will survive!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts