Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ford B-max tyres are bald on the inside and I have been advised I need to replace them. Can anyone please recommend a site where I can buy tyres from due to being a family man I am unable to go to my nearest tyre supply company. All recommendations will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,
If the mileage is low for the tyres< 18,000 miles,and I assume hardly any UK B-Max has got that sort of mileage yet;then speaking from experience with my C-Max, don't change the tyres until you have sorted out why they have worn. I had two sets of front tyres in approx 24,000 miles, before going the whole hog and getting it sorted. It is unlikely to be inflation pressureif it is onlythe insides, so the tracking is the first suspect, after that it is speed bumps of the type whereyou drive one wheel each side.

I asssume that it is the fronts that have gone off, in which case you are likely to need the geometry checking; and not just the toe-in, you need a full check which gives camber and castor checking as well. The best way to get this sorted is a laser check on all four wheels. I had the toe-in checked several times during the first two sets of tyres, but the problem wasn't sorted until I got the full works and ir turned out that one of the rears needed adjusting as welland this was messing the fronts about.

If you google 'laser wheel alignment', then you should be able to find a reputable tyre firm near you which will align and replace the tyres too. It will cost, but the cost of regular front tyre replacement would make it money well spent.

Hope this helps

Geriatricus.

P.S. You are extremely unlikely to get the work done under warranty, as theresponse is likely to bethat you have altered the alignment by hitting a kerb or going over speed bumps.

Edited by: Geriatricus

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ive had a look at sites such as; tyres247.co.uk, blackcircles.com etc and found that tyres247 were cheaper for the tyres I wanted that's why I got em from there. but can anyone tell me anymore sites so I can compare for next time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts