Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now taken delivery of my B-MAX Titanium X (Moondust Silver) and hope that I can upload a pic! All sorts of probs with the Dealer.....No mudflaps fitted, no spare wheel, no front and rear parking sensors!! Grr! Hopefully all will be sorted!! ˜ 

Well, I ve tried to upload pics but unsuccessfully! Think there may be a prob with my phone. I ll look into this! Hey ho!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Bridget Robson said:
I have now taken delivery of my B-MAX Titanium X (Moondust Silver) and hope that I can upload a pic! All sorts of probs with the Dealer.....No mudflaps fitted, no spare wheel, no front and rear parking sensors!! Grr! Hopefully all will be sorted!! ˜ 

Well, I ve tried to upload pics but unsuccessfully! Think there may be a prob with my phone. I ll look into this! Hey ho!
I don't think front and rear parking sensors are available after market. As they are coupled into the computer and not just those you can buy to add on. I believe that when you have front and rear sensors they are in effect, the selfparking option, maybe wrong there though.

As you have only just taken delivery I would first check the order details and if they are mentioned then I would return the vehicle to them stating that you want the vehicle which you ordered. They can always re-sell as a pre-registered one owner and use as a demonstrator so don't feel obliged or be brow beaten. They are only a shop and I am sure you would not accept wrongly ordered goods from other shops.

I did this just before the vehicle was delivered to the retailer and they ordered a new one. Mine was missing no key entry package. They offered to reduce the price but I declined. I have had to wait longer but at least I get what I ordered and more!

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your message. We originally dscussed having front and rear parking sensors and when we got to the point of deciding which colour I would like, the Salesman said the only silver one available was the Titanium X and was at a depot in Holland, we subsequently discovered. He told us that the sensors were standard on the Titanium X. We have since discovered that this is not the case! ˜ 
They have said that they will collect my car and fit the rear sensor free of charge but will charge us £285 to fit the front ones. We HAVE been told that they will not be Ford parts.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Bridget Robson said:
Thank you for your message. We originally dscussed having front and rear parking sensors and when we got to the point of deciding which colour I would like, the Salesman said the only silver one available was the Titanium X and was at a depot in Holland, we subsequently discovered. He told us that the sensors were standard on the Titanium X. We have since discovered that this is not the case! ˜ 
They have said that they will collect my car and fit the rear sensor free of charge but will charge us £285 to fit the front ones. We HAVE been told that they will not be Ford parts.
Well the relevant words there are, "He told us that the sensors were standard on the Titanium X."

My salesman told me I was getting an identical car to the one HE sold me three years ago except that it would be a different colour this time"

So, I got a different car, why should you not also?

You have bought a car from a salesman who gets paid to know the vehicles he sells. You do not have the knowledge which he should have so, if he sells you something and he is wrong, then the blame lies with him. HE or his employer must pay.

You should get exactly what you were told/asked for (same thing) and not something less than you expected to get. The fact that they are not Ford parts and may even cause trouble in the future when you come to sell the vehicle and/or have implications for paintwork warranty. Where are they going to fit the warning indicators? They should be integral with the dash indicators as mine and all others are, not stuck on somewhere on the dash itself.

They have a cheek to fob you off with after-market stuff AND have the temerity to actually ask YOU to pay!

You were to get front and rear sensors, so I can't understand why they offer to fit rear free and you pay for front? They should at least pay for both if you accept them being fitted at all! Please don't accept this standard of service. Could it be they are treating a female differently?

One more point, what about your insurance? Have you told them? You must have told them your vehicle was fitted with factory fitted accessories, no after-market. All changes must be notified to your insurance company and allow them to decided if your premium covers extras.

Last resort (I would use it), Sale of Goods Act 1979:

snip>
Goods must match their description

The Sale of Goods Act 1979 states that products must match the
description given to them by the seller
, otherwise the buyer has a right
to return the product for a full refund.

The law covers not only written descriptions of goods, but also anything
that is said by a sales assistant
to a customer prior to purchase
snip>

You have 30 days to reject the car and if all fails then the Ombudsman is your next course of action.

I suggest you write or email the retailer with your request for a replacement vehicle and state the reasons why which I have suggested. Then wait for a reply and if not fully satisfied inform them by letter or email (keep copies) that you intend to report the matter to the Ombudsman for adjudication.

Please don't be fobbed off, we must teach retailers that WE have the rights on our side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Makem and Hywel for your messages. Don t really know what we are going to do as we had a towbar fitted yesterday, which we had discussed with the Salesman. It was fitted by a company which the Dealership recognises. We are mostly concerned at this point that we do not have an unacceptable job done on the fitting of the parking sensors, bearing in mind that they will now constitute an after-sales extra. They will not be pukka Ford parts and we want them to be fitted in an acceptable manner i.e. not standing out like 'a sore thumb' and the front ones operated by an existing dashboard button. I think we will be asking for a meeting with the Salesman (and maybe his Manager) to discuss the whole matter. Oh dear!........I HATE unpleasant things like this! ˜•

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Bridget Robson said:
Thank you Makem and Hywel for your messages. Don t really know what we are going to do as we had a towbar fitted yesterday, which we had discussed with the Salesman. It was fitted by a company which the Dealership recognises. We are mostly concerned at this point that we do not have an unacceptable job done on the fitting of the parking sensors, bearing in mind that they will now constitute an after-sales extra. They will not be pukka Ford parts and we want them to be fitted in an acceptable manner i.e. not standing out like 'a sore thumb' and the front ones operated by an existing dashboard button. I think we will be asking for a meeting with the Salesman (and maybe his Manager) to discuss the whole matter. Oh dear!........I HATE unpleasant things like this! ˜•
Well Bridget, it appears you are within the 30 days so can ask for a total replacement or a full refund no matter what has been discussed to date. Salesmen have the 'gift of the gab' and willpresure you to do what is best in their interests, not yours in these circumstances.

Don't have physical contact and email the manager of the company with that request pointing out the facts mentioned.

What have you to lose? You have spent thousands of pounds buying what is usually the second largest purchase a lot of people make after buying a house. As far as you are concerned the sensors were covered by the price you paid. If you had been told at the time they were not you would have had an opportunity to pay extra to have what you considered to be an essential extra.

It seems to me they know they have a problem and are trying to keep you as happy as possible. So go to it from the beginning now, where you really should have started on day one.

As for connecting the after market sensors to an existing button - it is impossible. These modern cars are total computer driven, every thing is connected to the computer making it hard if not impossible to add things which were overlooked when built.

I hope you do give this a go and stick with it until the day you get a new car or a letter from the Ombudsman giving judgment. I feel it will not get this far and you will enjoy your new car and its Ford factory fitted sensors in a very short time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I entirely agree with Makem. The salesman just looked on the site to see what was available immediately. He obviously did not check to make sure it had the extras fitted that you requested. You would have done better to wait for one to be built in the colour you wanted and the correct extras fitted. The sensors will in no way work the same way as if they were factory fitted. As for asking for payment is a joke. Hope you got things sorted out now and avoid that dealer at all costs next time. I you go on the Ford Etis site and put your chassis number in it will tell you exactly what spec that vehicle was built to. Good luck.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a Titanium X didn't think front parking sensors were available anyway, so I'd be suspicious of the after fit.The spare wheel is an option, so you are right to push for that I don't agree with the re-inflator kit, some tyre places wont fix after using one so you have to buy new tyres ! But you do loose the extra boot depth if you go for a space saver spare wheel.
Mine came with mud flaps, only small but they work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts