Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently raised a topic about water ingress in my B-max and have now discovered mould growing under the passenger seat Water under neath the mould is about an inch deep. Anyone else have this problem? Windows steam up constantly with the dampness in the car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Do not hesitate, take your car to your Ford dealer and show them the problem, and get itb fixed under warranty

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just waiting for them to get a courtesy car for me as the dealership said the car would need to stay with with them for a few days as carpets have to come out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not sure if it's realted, but we has a problem with the door seals at the front of the door (passenger side). Don't think they were letting in water, but when the wind blew in a certain direction, you could feel the draught, and hear it over the sound of the radio.

Replacement seals sorted the problem, although this is one of the few cases where the dealer has managed to fix a problem. With 2 of our current issues (auto headlights staying on in bright sunshine - 30+ miles and an hour, and steering wheel audio controls not working), both are intermittent, and the dealer appears unwilling to believe there is an issue even after having seen the issue unless the fault finder finds an issue when connected.

Justheard mywife on the phone being told by the garage that the daylight running are supposed to be on all the time - good job she wan't stood in front of him, patronising ****. (that's the second time !!)

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Yorkie1,You can use this if you want to and show your dealer. I have reported my headlights to my dealer
( They stay on in bright sunshine) although he said there was not much they can do as they cannot alter the sensitivity of the sensor.
I am not leaving it there though as neither did he consider that it might be faulty and replace it. I am monitoring it and will report it officially at my first service. I have just travelled 90 miles from the east coast to home in blinding sunshine with my headlights on. I left auto lights on to test them. Got to be a faulty sensor or software issue !

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Car left in today will keep you all posted. They say its the first bmax with these problems. I might ask other owners in my area.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a bmax titanium moved from a fiesta titanium, auto lights will not go out in bright daylight they did on the fiesta. Will get in touch with Jennings as this will reduct the fuel consumption and reduce the bulb life
Dave A

·
Registered
30 Posts
Over the first few days of owning my new Titanium 1.0 125ps the lights remained on in bright light but after a few days started working correctly and still are. They are better than the auto lights on my Citroen which would stay off until it was almost dark if there was a clear sky.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have auto lights on my BMax, and did so on my previous three motors. But I never used them !!!

·
Registered
418 Posts
Sorry guys I will start again.

I have auto lights on my BMax, and did so on my previous three motors, but I never used them.

The reason for this, sometime ago I was driving along and the car behind me kept flashing his headlights at me. I was really concerned that I had a fault to which he was trying to notify me. I slowed down inviting him to pass, which eventually he did without making any eye contact with me. It was late afternoon, perfect visibility, but I was driving along a road bordered by the occasional cluster of trees at no point requiring the use of headlights. This situation was triggering the following vehicle's auto headlight system, causing concern for all vehicles he was following, and also creating unnecessary wear and tear on his bulbs. If manufacturers really think this facility is aworthwhile accessory, why don't they introduce a system that allows the driver to fall asleep on motorways, to be awakened only when they reach their exit point.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts