Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I collected my B-MAX today complete with the optional spare wheel. The dealer told me that when you buy the wheel you do not get the standard tyre inflation kit.

I told him I has bought the wheel as an 'extra' and expected the standard equipment to be with the car. He said that you didn't get the kit when you bought the wheel to keep down the cost of the wheel.

That surprises me and I wonder if anyone has the same or different information.

They gave me a set of rubber mats and an extra £50+ (filled up the tank), of petrol on top of the deal I mentioned in my delivery post. The high rear brake light had a slight scratch on it where a fitter had carelessly tightened the fixing screw. That is being replaced. Under the bonnet the engine had been sprayed with water and was water stained, not something I had experienced on previous new cars. That will be remedied when I collect the mats. Apart from those things the car was ok.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Morning,First of all I'm pleased you've finally collected
. To be honest though I would have expected the inflation kit to have been replaced by the spare wheel, I considered it more of an upgrade where the original fitment is replaced by the upgraded kit.

Were the mats and fuel included because of the inflation kit being missing?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, these things were negotiated because of the wait I had had, having ordered the vehicle.

The dirty engine and the missing kit were found when I examined the vehicle.

I feel sure that if you buy the car as is and then later decide to buy the spare wheel, it will not cost £95 plus the cost of an inflation kit.

However, I have just been proved wrong by phoning a different supplier whilst typing this post.

He said that if you purchase a spare wheel at the same time as you buy the car you do not get the inflation kit, nor do you get the jack or spanner.

If you purchase the car without a spare wheel and later buy a spare you will need to buy the wheel, jack and spanner. The cost of the complete kit (includes the wheel) will be around £45. Of course you will still have the inflation kit but I doubt (forgot to ask) if they would take an unused one as part exchange.

Therefore buying the wheel initially is a saving. Apparently this situation is the same for any new Ford car.

I would also suggest that if you have 'road side assistance' from the AA or RAC etc, they probably would not carry a spare, nor would they use the inflation kit. It will be informative to actually ask them what would happen if your wife or someone aged who was unable to use the kit, what their reaction would be. Probably they would take they car to a nominated garage and ask you to pay.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have the space saver spare, could you post the tyre size please.

I went to Ford dealer today to order kit.

There is no specific kit for Bmax - just the bits

wheel/brace/jack/box etc

They had wheel and brace in stock and jack etc will be in early next week.

It comes without tyre - easy to sort at workshop, except, they were unsure of tyre size.

The wheel does not have a sticker stating tyre size to be fitted.

They will contact Ford on Monday and order tyre.
They suggest a budget tyre as it will get very light use anyway (makes sense)

I will post all relevant part numbers if of interest to anyone.

There is a web site (fordpartsuk or similar) I got it from google search

This is not an official ford site and the wheel size stated is different to that I got.

I normally keep car 3 years, if I do this with Bmax, I will put back inflator kit that came with car and maybe find a buyer for spare kit on this site.

SMcG in Glasgow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts