Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got my Bmax titanium 3 weeks ago, didint bother with the city pack, thais automatic folding mirrors and rear reversing sensors. but suddenly the mirrors have become fully automated, havent checked the reversing sensors yet, lets hope they come alive as well, can any Bmax owners shed any light on the mystery

·
Registered
21 Posts
Folding mirrors are standard on Titanium. City pack therefore rear parking sensors only check for sensors in the rear bumper possibly not a miracle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
am certain. the city pack costs £200. for that u get automatic folding windows, plus rear parking sensors. i said no to that, picked the car up on OCT 25, and was sorry i didint go for the automatic folding mirrors, so i emailed Fords to see if it was possible to get the mirrors activated, was told to check with te dealer, i didint bother, just as well as a few days later the mirrors suddenly became aotomated, perfect at the moment, have not been to well, so havent checked the rear sensors, might do it today, will let u know the result. do u think Fords have activated the mirrors using remote controlled software, a bit like those didital box makers do, Tommy

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
No, they do not have remote access to your car software. However they do send out software updates to the dealers which are applied as and when.

In your case I don't think it was a miracle or Ford that made them work, it was most likely you, when you set up the software. There is a setting that stops them working and it is likely you activated them.

As for why they were capable of being activated, it is possible that due to your having phoned/emailed, somewhere things have got confused and you have benefited. Keep quiet and enjoy!

The rear sensors, if fitted will be visible in the rear bumper. It will be interesting to know if you benefited with those as well.

I would also check your invoice thoroughly to see if and extra £200 is not included somewhere. Another possibility - the dealer gave you the update for free.

·
Registered
21 Posts
City pack on zetec modules is £300.00City pack on titanium modules is £200.00 as the folding mirrors are standard see the online brochure

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I bought a Titanium from the online pdf brochure which said the City Pack which included the folding mirrors and rear sensors were an optional extra on the Titanium and the Zetec.

I paid the £200 for the option. I may have the cost wrong for the Zetec.

Perhaps there is more than one brochure?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got to ford uk web view bmax, feature & specifications (model comparision)or brochures, view car i brouchure,THE RANGE (model comparision)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Just tried the 'configure your car' route on Fords web page for a Titanium and it says City Pack @ £200 includes rear sensors and electrically foldable mirrors. That suggests they are not standard. The brochure I posted from was their ebrochure.

I saw the £300 you mention for the Zetec. and assume that there must be some £100's worth of standard wiring, fittings or software in the Titanium to account for the difference.

Very strange if you found different somewhere but these are early days.

I want to know when the rubber mats will be available.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Please look at theinformation in my last post or ask at a ford dealer this my lastpost on the subject as I feel that I am wasting my time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont understand Makem why u are so irratated, of course the city pack is not standard on the titanium, it costs £200, which i didint want and certainly didint order, but as i said after 2 weeks the mirrors became automated, just about to check the rear and side sensors to see if they are activated as well, hope so, will get back to u, have a super day, Tommy

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
thomas said:
dont understand Makem why u are so irratated, of course the city pack is not standard on the titanium, it costs £200, which i didint want and certainly didint order, but as i said after 2 weeks the mirrors became automated, just about to check the rear and side sensors to see if they are activated as well, hope so, will get back to u, have a super day, Tommy
I am not irritated Tommy, I am pleased that you got more than you bargained for. Good luck to you.

We just had a moot point about whether folding mirrors were standard or not. Not worth getting irritated or upset about.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
have checked, both rear sensors and mirrors now fully automated and working fine, cost zero, still think its some kind of mirical, Tommy

·
Registered
637 Posts
I know this is posting on a thread that is very old. I have reliant information on this now. I have a titanium, and the electric folding mirrors came standard with it, I did not however, get the parking sensors as part of my order (as I did not want the city pack either).

Out of luck, the dealership had a deal going where all fords ordered within the month of February 2013 will get free rear parking sensors, but I had to take the car in a week after collecting it... so that the sensors could be added.

Here's the relivent bit..

On talking to the engineer who worked on my car, he said that all of the wiring for all of the optional packs are put into the car of all titanium's during the factory build, they are just made safe, and clipped in the area of the car where they would be used.

So using the reverse parking sensors as an example, if you had not ordered the sensors, the wiring is still there for the sensors, but just clipped safely within the bumper. Then if you were to take your car in and pay for the extra, they just have to put the sensors in, and attach them to the waiting wires that are all ready present in the bumper.

So all the money you're paying (up in the hundreds) is actually just to have someone put a few £5 sensors in the bumber, attach them to wiring that is already there and already connected to the car 'computer', and then go into the admin side of Sync, and tick a box that engages the sensor when the car selects reverse gear. Also you're paying for an egg cups worth of paint (that matches your car colour) to paint the sensors.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I would have thought that all you bright persons out there
would have known that - wiring 'capped' for later use
. It's been around for some years, in fact they had that on the Fusions when they came out.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yep, I had my 1st Fusion in 2003, and that was installed on mine even then, as some weeks later, I took up a Ford Offer for fitting the reversing sensors

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just a thought Thomas - check the FORDEtis print for your car, they [Ford] may have made a mistake when the printout was made by them from your dealer, or your dealer put it in the printout without realising. After all, we're all only human!

·
Registered
97 Posts
It gets even more complicated when you order a camera, sensors all round including frontand the folding mirrors.However the camera is not a retro fit item

1 - 20 of 20 Posts