Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
B-Max 1.0 Titanium June 2013 55,000 miles.

Engine stopped running and @engine malfunction' message appeared. The emergency service mechanic plugged in his diagnostic tool, and reported that it was a mass air flow sensor problem - he then towed the car to my home.

I changed the air filter and sprayed an approved MAF sensor cleaning fluid onto the relevant parts. I reassembled the unit, but the problem has not been rectified.

Are there any suggestions?

TIA.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Try unplugging and plugging the connector a few times which will wipe the contact area clean. Other than that, a new MAF sensor probably.
I used to break the things apart and bend the contact area to pcb, but that was 20 years ago!!

Reactions: Davidsb

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you may need to clear the stored codes. if you dont have a scanner, you could disconnect the battery for 20mins.
Gremlin - just to clarify, are you saying that after fixing the problem the engine will not resume normal service until the stored codes are removed? So, it is completely possible that I have fixed the problem by cleaning the sensor, but I cannot confirm this if the stored codes are not removed?

Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
568 Posts
Gremlin - just to clarify, are you saying that after fixing the problem the engine will not resume normal service until the stored codes are removed? So, it is completely possible that I have fixed the problem by cleaning the sensor, but I cannot confirm this if the stored codes are not removed?

Many thanks.
yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts